So by now, does anyone know if the Wii U graphics = PS3/360?

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: So by now, does anyone know if the Wii U graphics = PS3/

Postby LegendofAngel23 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:40 pm

rank_50
LegendofAngel23
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby FROZOFAN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Every game is technically a port because its designed on a computer, generally ports to lesser systems get watered down because its too hard to port to or the system can't handle the same things as others. I agree, the wii u sales are scaring away 3rd parties but every port that has come to the wii u since its launch has been the definitive version of the game, (mass effect, batman, need for speed, etc...) Avalanche has no reason to down anything extreme because wii u, ps3 and 360 are all on par with each other. Again, I don't think you need to worry about graphics for the wii u version, your concerns should pertain to the split screen debacle and no pro controller support, at least that's all I'm worried about. :D

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Postby zaganh » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm

im getting both ill see if theres a diffrence ^^

rank_250
zaganh
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby LegendofAngel23 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:46 pm

By then I'll already have bought one.. lol

rank_50
LegendofAngel23

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby mutatedjellyfish » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:20 am

The above post is generally true. I do not know the gritty details as I am a mere environment artist, not an engine programmer, so please feel more than free to continue debating the merits of the various platforms. For what it's worth, I've spent most of my time in the Toybox, and I haven't noticed any big differences in visuals among the three platforms.
DISCLAIMER: posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
mutatedjellyfish

Postby FROZOFAN » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:38 am

@acesolomccloud

Much better explanation than I gave, however I was correct in saying every game is developed on a computer using the dev kits. I think it's fair to say Avalnche did not do a lazy port to the wii u considering they would have had to specifically change some things to allow for off screen play and the menus being used on the gamepad.

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Postby Yari » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:18 pm

I want to get this game for Wii U, but am a little worried about the small community on this console. I am not much of a creator myself, and I don't know if maps can be shared (does anyone here?), it would be sad to miss out on great creations that are available on the other consoles. Anyone have any take on this?
Yari

Postby Agent C » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:59 pm

@Yari as luck would have it, Avalanche has worked out a system of best of Toy Boxes that will be compatible with all systems. Basically,we as the player will upload our Toy Boxes that we feel are good enough to make the cut. Avalanche will comb through the uploads and monitor them for family friendly content. They will then release what they think is some of the best and make it available for all systems.

Therefore, whatever system you play on, you can be assured that new content will be available. I am contemplating getting the Wii U version of this. I was worried at first, but given the fact that multiplayer is limited to four people, I can't imagine you would have trouble finding people to file a game. Plus, there are quite a few Wii U users that I have seen on this board.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions