Cars 2 and Megamind

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Cars 2 and Megamind

Postby neoz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:55 am

The Sarge issue probably has something to deal with the whole Disney as a family company. Having a military style vehicle probably isn't the image Disney wants to portray. Being a disabled Army Vet I can kind of understand from a company standpoint.

Kind of like the Toy Story Lego Army Men. Once they were gone they were gone and very sought after. But then again that might have to do with Lego and it's non violence stance.

I would have to have a Sarge but I doubt that will ever happen.

rank_100
neoz
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby buckmana » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 am

So, wait, having an spy car (Finn McMissile) with missiles, bombs and inbuilt machine guns is okay, but an actual military vehicle/soldier is not?

Mind you, I just liked the interplay between the straight laced Sarge and the free spirited Filmore, that is always fun to watch.

Same case can apply to Lego, they come with all sorts of weapons, most of them lethal (the pirates have swords and flintlocks, the Egyptian mummies have khopeshes), so isn't that a double standard?

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby mdewater » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:55 am

It's not about the weapons or violence, it's about all the baggage that comes with real world armies - aka, politics. Disney wants no part of any kind of politics of any sort, which is how it should be.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby neoz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 am

^^^

What this guy said. Hit the nail right on the head.

rank_100
neoz

Postby buckmana » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:31 am

This just out, nobody is allowed to wear military green or navy blue. :lol:

It's still silly to me though, Sarge is a semi-retired soldier, not an active serving member of the military.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby neoz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 pm

^^^

Just Disney I guess. I mean I think it's dumb and I'm a Iraq Army Vet. But hey I don't run the company so it is what it is I guess.
Funny how they don't have the Toy Soldiers running around either....

rank_100
neoz

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 am

^^^^^ Im not making money off of the army by wearing my army green. Disney is making money by selling the army green jeep. It's not as dumb as you think. Disney is smart to not deal with any repercussions that can come out of a simple toy later.
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe
Main Console: PS4

Postby FROZOFAN » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:30 am

Isn't there an "Army" texture theme you can apply to blocks in the game? I don't really think this is an issue....I doubt we will see more cars characters unless there is another cars playset, and even then, isn't that sarge character more of a third string cast member? And if Disney were so concerned about having a military character, why would he be in the movie at all? Sorry guys, I have to say none of that adds up.

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:40 am

^when you make merchandise including a property that you don't own, like Ferrari or a Porsche, you need licensing or permission to use that property, especially if it will make you money. This theory began with Sally not being in much Cars stuff after a while, and that's true. When you release a movie, you strike a deal to use those other properties for a limited amount of time. Hence why we are assuming sarge might be a similar case because it is representing an entity in our government. It could also be limited rights to use the jeep model. Who knows. The point is it makes sense for Disney to not bother renewing another license or agreement if you could use other cars available. Adding texture is nothing because its minimal and adds little to no value. But an actual character that represents a car model or army entity, might be something to consider leaving out, especially if you already have limited rights to use cars like the Ferrari Francesco.

These limited licensing things can happen anywhere and anytime. If you guys are familiar with Carsland in California Adventure, there was a few months after opening the land that Disney wasn't aloud to call the amazing backdrop Cadillac Range because of this whole rights and licensing problem. Well, they figured out another deal hense why we can call them that again. Cadillac Range has a better ring to it the Radiator Springs Mountains, don't you think???
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe
Main Console: PS4

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions