Wii U Online: Freezing and Buzzing

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Wii U Online: Freezing and Buzzing

Postby Musicboy74 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:33 pm

So recently I've been playing online with a few people and I've experienced this problem twice. I would be doing something, then the game freezes and a "buzzing" sound emits from the gamepad (and possibily TV? been mostly Off-TV). I then have to restart the console by holding down the power button on the system itself. The two times this happened were:

- We continuously spawned a bunch of enemies and defeated them. I understand this one, as it probably overloaded the game.

- In the other person's My INterior, I go to add a hallway and AS SOON AS I hit the button, freeze and buzz noise. Not sure why it happened this time.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: Wii U Online: Freezing and Buzzing

Postby pjhaan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:28 pm

My Wii U will Freeze up after a couple hours of using a Spark Generator. The characters are still leveled up but all of the Toy Store Sparks are lost. I spent all of my sparks and then I leveled Captain America up to 16. I had 17,000 sparks when it froze! When I turned it back on, I only have 400 sparks. I also noticed that some of the previously purchased toys are no longer purchased.

So, I think saving fairly regularly when using the spark generator may be a good idea!!!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jmob22 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:59 pm

This has only happened to me once on 2.0 so far. But it was when I was 1.5 hours into exploration survival mode. Needless to say, I was pretty upset :P

rank_100
jmob22
NN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:29 am

Lost two more batches of sparks due to the freeze (about 50000 in total). I still have plenty of characters to level up though (every 1.0 character). I just need to monitor them instead of leaving it on over night.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby bloxxerman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Our Wii U sometimes does this on multiple games, not just Disney Infinity. We've nicknamed it "The Buzz of Death." No idea what causes it, but when it happens, we can only turn the Wii off on the actual console, not via the GamePad power switch, just like you. Kinda annoying, but luckily it doesn't happen very often.
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:18 pm

We call it the same thing and when it happens to us (also on other games), we can't even turn off the console. We have to physically unplug the console!!!

Ours is a launch day Wii U so maybe newer ones are more reliable...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions