Invisible Switches in 2.0

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Invisible Switches in 2.0

Postby Villan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:11 am

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place, if not then I blame everybody but me!

I'm messing around with my INterior and want to hide a floor switch under a rug to a secret door in a fireplace or at least make it invisible. I've got the witch and the fireplace doing what they should, just can't figure out how to put the rug over the switch instead of under it. Is there a way of doing it that I'm being incredibly dim with and missing?

Thanks in advance.

rank_0
Villan
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Invisible Switches in 2.0

Postby hoodoo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:20 pm

I haven't played too much in the INterior other than the quests but could you use a volume area trigger?
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Villan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:10 pm

I've not come across those yet, not sure where I'd find them but will have a poke around and see what comes up, although if anyone knows where I'll find them then that would be good too :)

rank_0
Villan
PSN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:22 pm

@Villan The trigger area is a creativitoy from 1.0. If it isn't already available you can buy it under 1.0 toys in the toy store.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Villan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Ah there it is! Thanks :)

The menus are quite oddly organised and it can be difficult to find things without scrolling through it all, but then again I guess that's not a bad thing as it makes you look at things and get inspired.

rank_0
Villan
PSN ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:04 pm

You can put creativatoys in the rooms and some sorta disappear (like generators or replayers will show the base still). One thing i found out after i did all my triggers is that they cant leave the room once you place them. There is a way around this but when i realized this it was too late and didnt want to rework all my logic. You can actually put all your creativatoys in one room and still link them to other rooms.

For instance if you want something to happen like enemies appear when a character uses the witch cauldron or something. You can put the enemy wave generator in a totally different room and still have them spawn in that room. Doing this will make the background creativatoys be hidden. After you do all your connections you can hide the room with all the toys no one will be able to find them unless you let them use the magic wand.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions