DI 2.0/1.0 Skill Tree Discussions | Endgame Builds

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: DI 2.0/1.0 Skill Tree Discussions | Endgame Builds

Postby braiko » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:23 am

I just realised my maths was wrong in a post above. A disc with 10% chance to crit obviously means 1 in every 10 hits will proc a crit, so two discs should mean 20% chance, i.e. 1 in every 5 hits should critical.

As such, I thought I'd give a shot at testing the proc rates myself to see if 10% (or maybe 15%?) was the actual frequency.

The set up was:
2x Hulk Gamma Rays discs
Rocket using his un-upgraded melee attack (a simple shoulder barge with no combos/multi-hits)
It took a grand total of 505 attacks to generate 100 critical hits. As such a critical hit every 5.05 attacks = critical rate 19.8% with 2 discs = 9.9% per disc.

This suggests that the individual melee discs (or at least the hulk one) is indeed 10% rate of critical hit per disc. Of course this could always be verified further with more testing to increase that sample size and thus the accuracy of the result.

It does beg the question, what rate do the discs that affect both melee and range crit at? If its also 10%, surely that would make those discs strictly better.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby PolishTamales » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:42 pm

That's the thing I found initially while questioning IGN, Prima, etc for values.

I narrowed it down to 10% in terms of proc rates through out all power discs, minus the exceptions, which were Zerg and Chernabogs Power. 15% proc rate seems excessively high for a disc that does both melee/range without any drawbacks.

Thinking as a developer, I feel it's probably for Item/Hexagon dics bonuses/tools in-game (as originally shown on some guides). However, from Braiko's research, it shows it procs both melee/range w/o a tool/item? Just verify that one more time for me Braiko. If it procs on everything (melee/range), then I would assume the rarity would explain it (TRU Exclusive Crystal 2-pack).

As for +22% to +25% damage to critical hits (the total additional damage when a critical occurs), the values could be 25% flat. So as you said, 1 out of 10 hits, at least one of those hits will score a critical. Same with 20%, where it drastically becomes more apparent with 1 out of 5 hits. Depending on the ender or in the middle of the string, the damage will vary since some single hit combos may start with 1 Bar of damage, while some character's enders will deal 3 Bars. So plugging in the equation:

(Base Damage) x (1.25) = (Total Damage)

1 Bar ~ (1) x (1.25) = 1.25 DMG

3 Bar - (3) x (1.25) = 3.75 DMG

So basically characters that are heavily reliant on DPS (damage per second) such as Spider-Man (melee) and Merida (range), would greatly benefit the most with 2 Stacked bonuses of the same disc. Melee characters with varying degree of base damage output during their combos would again, benefit from the double disc over range DPS style characters (Black Widow), unless they have charging range attacks (Nova/Iron Man/Rocket).

So to answer your question Braiko, if you find a disc that affects both Melee/Range, that would be superior to melee/range specific critical hit bonus discs. Especially when you're using a character like Captain America and Jasmine where they're basically hybrids and not linear as Merida/Hulk. Let us know which discs are for certain if you're testing again for the record.
polishtamales.com

rank_0
PolishTamales
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PolishTamales » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:13 pm

polishtamales.com

rank_0
PolishTamales
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby braiko » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Yes, confirming that the Bolt/Chernabog/Skellington discs do give crits for BASE attacks for both melee and ranged. I tried it out again today. I haven't yet checked the crit rate of these, nor the Zurg melee disc.

Interestingly, when I checked the effects on packs and tools there were discrepencies. Melee crit discs affect base melee attacks and equipped packs. But ranged crit discs DO NOT affect equipped tools. The hypbrid discs which crit on melee and ranged base attacks do crit with packs, but not with tools.

Other miscellaneous discoveries:
1. Monsters Inc trio have melee crits on both melee attack and 'ranged' roar attack
2. Jack Skellington has the monsters' roar attack mapped to his melee - and I can't get it to crit with either melee or ranged discs... I felt for sure his roar would be melee given that the monsters ones were. Equipping a melee pack such as a sword does yield the expected crits however. His ranged pumpkin throw crits with ranged discs as expected.
3. Maleficent is the first character I've tested who uses ranged discs to crit with both of her attacks.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 pm

On all my skill trees for all my characters I alsways prioritise the melee and ranged attacks always buying the finishers, block breakers and charging up the ranged attacks. They're always the first buys for me, all my characters have all their moves and have the highest super jump you could get for them. Usually on the skill trees I only buy the Super move and rarely, only if I have enough points left over buy upgrades for the special move. I see you tubers that don't get all their moves and I think what they're missing out on, just my opinion! :)

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions