Infinity is a COMPLETELY different game than Skylanders

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Infinity is a COMPLETELY different game than Skylanders

Postby zaganh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:59 pm

i have all skylanders figures apart from 2 its a little fun but gets boring fast it isnt no where near the level of infinity i never enjoy the skylanders story mode i just like seeing each characters power does anyone know if you dont need to take the disney infinity figures and playsets out of the box to use them ? with skylanders you just put the box on the portal and you can play i assume it will be the same

rank_250
zaganh
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Harmony » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 pm

^You probably will....Keep in mind that the Infinity base has the Hexagon and Circle shaped spots sort of shallow, hence, you would need to place the character/play set piece into the slot.....Though I'm sure this would change for Power discs of any kind.....But, then again, I could be totally wrong....Oh well, we'll know in only 30-29 days!
Why was the elevator mad at the hotel guests?

They were pushing his buttons!
Harmony
Main Console: PS4

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:54 am

@Star Command it deeply annoys me that people are saying DI is a rip-off of Skylanders and "versing" them, when it's totally different, and not pointing out B-Daman or Angry Birds much, or even Pokémon Rumble U which actually has the same gameplay style as Skylanders. Even when I was an Infinity skeptic, I would not have called it a rip-off, because it functions so differently from Skylanders. It's like saying that Studio Ghibli is a rip-off of Disney just because they both used 2D animation.

Also, the new Portals are actually justified: it was optional in Giants and addressed the common battery complaint, and Swap Force needs it so that the magnets with the swapping Skylanders work(the old Portals don't work if you have metal strong enough nearby). Not that I think the Giants Portal was actually needed. :|
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Star Command » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 pm

True, the Giants protal wasn't needed, but the Giants starter packs are what sold the most when the game came out because the portal for Giants was better than the original. They say that the Swap Force portal is needed not only because of the swapping toys, but because of the new jumping ability that has been given to all the characters both old and new.

Disney is being very smart about handling Infinity. They have already shown us that they won't have any new toy gimmicks. Skylanders has a new toy gimmick for each game that is produced. I wonder what they'll come up with for next year... Hopefully Activision will lay off the Skylanders thing after this third game and give Spyro some of his own games again... and maybe focus on the forgotten Crash Bandicoot franchise that they still own.

Another thing I'm sure of is that Disney will actually produce ALL of the toys they promise in high quantities, unlike Activision did (and is still doing) with Skylanders. This means we won't have to be searching like crazy on ebay for certain characters and pay double or triple the retail price.

Like I said, Disney has had a lot of time to figure things out. If anything, Activision has shown Disney how NOT to go about a toy-collecting franchise.
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:20 am

I don't think of Infinity as a rip-off of Skylanders, I think of it as an improvement of Skylanders. :wink:
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Star Command » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Agreed.
To infinity, and beyond!

rank_50
Star Command

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:01 pm

^unfortunately your post has been edited.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Star Command » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:30 pm

^ Yeah... I have no idea why.

Anyway, like you said, Disney Infinity is an improvement of Skylanders. But it is also different in its own ways. I just don't know if Disney has a name for the portal thingy that you put the toys on.
To infinity, and beyond!

rank_50
Star Command

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:17 pm

^ the name of "the portal thingy that you put the toys on" is the Infinity base

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID: