3DS Gameplay

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: 3DS Gameplay

Postby subbie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 am

rank_0
subbie
Main Console: PS3

Postby Fastandslow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 am

Looks great cant wait to pick this up Friday
Im the Girl with a Tattoo of Vanellope Von Schweetz

SUGAR RUSH!!!
Jump into your racing car
It’s SUGAR RUSH!!!
SUGAR RUSH!!!

rank_50
Fastandslow
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby KarhKarh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:22 pm

I have it and it is quite fun. It's turn based , you can store 3 characters at a time each with one power. Also power discs unlock rides/ weapons and dice you can select when playing certain mini games. Each character unlocks a new mini game. And there are bonuses for playing with a set. I believe playsets unlock new boards but when you play a game much like Mario party you collect infinity tiles. Each game. Gives your player experience. Also when you play you earn coins and there is an in game store you can use your coins to buy new boards , background scenery and buildings. There is a quick play mode where you can mix and match board pieces, a story mode that progresses. Also a mini game mode where you can practice mini games without playing a board game. Each infinity character Unlocks a new minigame. It's an alright game but I'm sure the console game is much better. There is no toybox in this version . But I wonder with the free PC one that'll be possible. The screenshots are poorly done. The game isn't amazing for graphics but they definitely aren't pixelated lol!! They honestly just slapped it on the 3DS to say they did, now we know the budget focused so much on the console they had little left for the handheld. They could have made it a bit better. The AI isn't even good. And it should have been online play. No one is going to buy 2 74.99 stater packs to play a poorly executed game., when the console is much better. I give it 6/10 . The 3D is actually not over powerful and easy to play with it on for 1 hour at a time.
KarhKarh
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Agent C » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 am

I am actually warming up myself to the 3DS version. It may have to be one of the sales. I don't really want the characters again, though.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Rod » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Buying my twins a 2DS each for Christmas..... They love Disney Infinity but after reading the reviews, the only way I will get this is for around $20 since I will have to buy two as it is and will end up with 2 extra Jacks, Sullys and Mr. incredibles since the boys already have them from the XBOX 360 starter.

rank_50
Rod
XBL ID:

Postby DarcSMSkid » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:36 pm

I skimmed through it real quick but what caught my eye is once you put it in the base it saves the character…just to clarify a little more so does that mean you don't have to put him on the base again ever?
"Where's my protein shake MA!!!"

rank_500
DarcSMSkid
PSN ID:

Postby Rosamouse » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 am

:o I've been looking for people to talk 3ds with! I picked my copy up during the crazy Black Friday sales--since you are still getting the 3 starter pack figures with the game, the absolute lowest price you'll find (short of used copies) was half price, which is when I got mine.

As for your question about 'storing' 3 characters--what they actually mean by this is that you can have up to 3 active characters on your console at any given time, excluding the 3ds-exclusive 'gold' characters that can be unlocked via performing certain tasks within the game (i.e. no figures exist for these golden guys. The lineup is identical to the crystal series of figures.) As you level up your characters, you can swap in other characters for your team, but their data is all stored on your cartridge rather than on your figure, unlike in the regular console game. The only thing that the 3DS scanner writes to the figure is the fact that it's been used on the 3DS, and will give you an extra spin (one time only per character!) on the main game.

So, let's say I have Rapunzel, Jack, and Sully stored in my cartridge at levels 4, 6, and 8. Let's also say I just got the Cars playset and feel like swapping in Lightning and Holley for some new stars. I can then scan in Lightning & Holley to replace Rapunzel and Jack, and then level them both up to 4. I can then scan Rapunzel and Jack again later, and they will still be levels 4 & 6 where I left them.

In summary here, the character scanning 'activates' the character on the 3DS rather than actively read/writing to it like the console version does. When you think about it, this method is in fact more practical given how you're only relying on 3 AAA's to power the scanner.

And for those of you who are curious, all skydome/terrain power discs unlock custom dice, which do NOT in fact do anything special other than "oo that looks nifty". Toys are the most useful discs here, and usually turn out to give you more boosts than anything you can unlock with characters, even though unlocking stuff with the characters takes much longer. Additionally, the MagicBand unlocks the Disney dragon, which in this game replaces the Star Command drop ship to plunk your bonus emblems onto the game board. (Yes, it actually does something here too!)

Edit: If you're actually wondering how much I've done with this game, I've been extremely bored so I've managed to nab 99 stars as of yet. The working pattern for your store unlocks is apparently 1 toy + 1 building + 1 decoration for each tier of stars you hit. I've gotten all the boards cleared and hidden stars + adventure goals and scenario mastery stars. Just need Infinite Mickey for the last one!

25 stars =
Spoiler: show
Identity Disc (Tron) + Combat Simulator (Toy Story in Space) + Basic Alien (Toy Story)

50 stars =
Scrooge McDuck + TRON - Billboard + Topiary Mickey

75 stars =
Slapping Prank (It's actually the Sticky Hand from opening up Mrs. Incredible's character chest in DI) + Scrooge's Money Bin + LuxoLamp

90 stars =
Recognizer + Christmas Tree + Incredibles Statue

100 stars =
Lightsaber

Crystal characters are also different in that they are completely separate characters from their normal counterparts, with different items/stars/powers/stats to unlock. Until they reach level 9, however, their stats are really kinda junky, and only half that of a normal character at the same level. Once they hit 9, though, their 2 main stats are completely maxed out, which makes them great additions to a team because they can cover 2 of the 4 stat categories for the adventures. (Oh yeah, they also have 2 main stats instead of only 1 that normal characters do, and Mickey gets ALL FOUR stats maxed out!)

Another thing I've noticed is that there is actually one more character slot than there are actually characters in the game. Does this mean there's another secret release figure that nobody knows about yet??? (maybe it's that glowing Buzz!) Getting every character to level 10 didn't unlock it.

Characters leveled to 10 so far:
Woody
Buzz Lightyear
Jessie
Mr. Incredible
Mrs. Incredible
Violet
Dash
Syndrome
Lightning McQueen
Mater
Holley
Francesco
Sulley
Mike
Randy
Jack Sparrow
Barbossa
Davy Jones
Wreck-It Ralph
Vanellope
Jack Skellington
Anna
Elsa
Rapunzel
Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey
Phineas
Agent P
Infinite Buzz Lightyear
Infinite Mr. Incredible
Infinite Lightning McQueen
Infinite Lone Ranger
Infinite Sulley
Infinite Jack Sparrow
Infinite Agent P
Infinite Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey

rank_50
Rosamouse
XBL ID:

Postby Rosamouse » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:25 am

Just got Mickey, so that's 90 stars! See above posts for edits.

rank_50
Rosamouse
XBL ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:04 am

I'm wondering about getting this version of the game, might watch some gameplay videos on youtube.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions