Low Resolution?

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Low Resolution?

Postby Psypher » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm a bit of a display snob so I might notice these things more than others, but I'm curious if others have noticed this.

I have the Wii U version of the game and noticed as soon as the game loaded for the first time that the resolution seems really low. All of the games and menus on my Wii U look crisp, but when DI loads I can clearly see that the game is being upconverted. It's really noticeable when you press the home button and look how much cleaner the Wii U menu looks. I'm not sure if the game is running at 720p or lower, but I was hoping someone else out there notices this. So far this is the one thing that I found very disappointing. It's hard for me to get engaged into the world when it looks so blurry. I'm also wondering if users with the 360 or PS3 versions are having the same issue.
Psypher
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Low Resolution?

Postby AncientRomeBC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 pm

you playing on your tv or the gamepad? i noticed same thing playing on the gamepad i went into the games options and lowered the gama 2 notches and it helped alot believe it or not

rank_50
AncientRomeBC
NN ID:

Postby Psypher » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 pm

I was referring to the TV, but I see it on the gamepad as well. Everything just has a blur to it and is very jaggy. I see it in the cinematics, gameplay, and load screens. I keep looking around for an option to increase the resolution. I'll try messing with the gamma.
Psypher

Postby AncientRomeBC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:51 pm

my tv sucks so i play all my wii u games on the gamepad lol i know what u mean though its running at a sub native resolution i noticed this on a few games on the wii u the worst was sonic racing download the demo of that and play it on the gamepad it looks HORRIBLE

rank_50
AncientRomeBC
NN ID:

Postby Iagut070 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Is there any way to use the pro controller at all?

rank_0
Iagut070
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby AncientRomeBC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:05 pm

idk i have no way to test it , there was an update the first time i played what that added idk

rank_50
AncientRomeBC
NN ID:

Postby FROZOFAN » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:07 pm

^No, I can personally confirm (after a few minutes of trying everything) that the pro controller is NOT compatible with the game EVEN though it does show it on the back of the box. Disappointing, but not game breaking. Back on topic, yeah the graphics look a little weak but were you expecting something like GTA? I think for the goals this game set out to accomplish, it reached them quite nicely.

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Postby subbie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Is the off Tv play on the Wii-U version really bad or just nit picking? I end ordering the Wii-U one today because the Off Tv play makes it easier for me to play games around the apartment then being stuck in front of the Tv to play on the PS3.

rank_0
subbie
Main Console: PS3

Postby AncientRomeBC » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:13 pm

i been using off tv play all day , default gamma is to high turn it down in the options and its fine

rank_50
AncientRomeBC
NN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions