Anybody else having problem with power discs?

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Anybody else having problem with power discs?

Postby Figment74 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 pm

I sent an e-mail to Infinity support, so we will see what they say. It's driving me kinda batty!
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby ronniedobbs » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:30 am

My Bolt disc kept refreshing all the time and it was driving me crazy. I had it stacked on top of Fix it Felix, so just switched positions so Bolt is on bottom, now no problems.

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby avex » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 am

I started experiencing this problem over the weekend. Regardless of what combination of discs I'm using, as others have stated, it seems to happen with the Bolt power disc. I was able to get through the POTC story mode without any issues (Bolt and Jack power disc), started playing the Cars story and started encountering this problemo. I've tried swapping discs positions and it occasionally will correct the matter, but not a 100% fix (in my experience).

Sunday night, I filed a ticket with DI customer support and they replied back to me yesterday, stating that my best option was to "return it to the store" where I bought it from. Honestly, not the reply I was looking forward to, but a reply nonetheless. I am curious to see what TRU will say/do if I do decide to return a "defective" disc (will they open a bunch of power disc packs until they find a Bolt replacement? Do they have a bunch of replacement power discs on hand? Or do they have portal ready to scan what discs are in the packs?). Plus, if I manage to get my hands on another Bolt disc, and the issue continues to persist, I'm sure they'll tell me that the problem is my portal is the problem and I should return that. And if the problem isn't fixed after that, what next? haha

rank_0
avex

Postby Zeldafanatic15 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:13 am

I've heard that DI support has been sending out the "return it to the store" response a lot. My base kept rereading figures and would not read a figure when I had two power discs under it. I was getting frustrated enough that I was about to return it to the store, then I saw the Q and A on DI's website that said not to place it near anything metal. Sure enough, the base was sitting on a laptop that had metal on the laptop cover. I moved it on top of a book and haven't had any issue since.
Zeldafanatic15
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby WreckitRyan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:52 am

Yeah I will try the book thing and hopefully that will fix it. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

rank_0
WreckitRyan
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Turbo-tastic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:04 am

A friend of mine is having issues with some of the playsets, it just won't read the ones she got in the starter pack. Or won't read the characters in the playset, but reads in the toybox? I can't quite remember. But reads others fine. Have no idea why.

Hope you can sort out this problem with the Power Discs, looks like its not console specific either. I suggest getting in contact with Disney about it... but they probably will get you to return it. Might be the only way to get it to read them properly... to get a new base.
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic

Postby StormbringerGT » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:08 am

My Barbossa was actually Mrs. Incredible. Contacted support and they are sending me a new one, and a "special surprise". Its oxd they wouldn't help you with the disk.

Also this may sound odd, but try placing your portal on a folded bath towel (not wet). Keep your t.v. remotes, cell phones and controllers away from the base. Any electronics honestly. See if that helps with your guys disc/character/base problems.

rank_100
StormbringerGT
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Figment74 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Here is the response that I got from Infinity T.S. I am not so sure that the base is the issue, since some of the characters are working without issue. I am going to do more testing, but it does appear that Randall always has an issue with more than power disc under him, as well as Tonto. I will have to map this out. and provide more data. See their response below.

Hello,

Thank you very much for writing back to us, and apologies for the delay in our response. As Infinity has just launched we are receiving a huge amount of messages, and are working to reply to them all as soon as possible!

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having difficulties with your Infinity Base, and understand that you have already tried all our suggestions to resolve the issue.

At this point, we would recommend returning the Base to the store where you bought it, and exchanging for a new one - remember to take your receipt with you when you go!

If you have any difficulties exchanging your base, or if you have any other comments or questions at any time, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best wishes,

Matt

Edit:

I completed additional testing last night, and here is what I found with Pieces of Eight (POE) X2 and Randal, or Violet Base continually re-detects the figures, and discs over and over. If I swap out power discs for Bolt, then they work fine, except that Sully and mike have recognition issues. If I do 1 POE, and Bolt, then it works fine, so I don't think that there is a problem with the Figures, so much as their is a problem with the Base. It's all very strange. Swapping out my Base today, so we'll see.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest

rank_100
Figment74

Postby Figment74 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:31 pm

I apologize for the Double post, but I really want this to stand on it's Own.

For everyone that that is having Scanning issues with the Base and more than 1 Disc. The Base is very likely defective. I took mine back yesterday, and all my issues are now resolved! I played with all the Figs that I was having issues with, and tried several Attrib disc combos, especially the ones that were having issues before.

Played with Violet for over an hour without a single Glitch! (2 X bolt, 2 x Pieces of Eight, and 2 x shield, all worked!)

Randal and I finished MU and got him from Level 2 to 9 with no issues (2x Pieces of Eight)

So pack your base up, and return it from where you got it, and your issues will likely be resolved.
Figment74

rank_100
Figment74

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions