Monsters U Gold Stars & Frat Row Questions

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Monsters U Gold Stars & Frat Row Questions

Postby ll_HollywooD_ll » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 am

Having same issue of not being able to get the "Clothes Make the Monster" gold star. Want to know something random...I looked through the Infinity Prima Game Guide and that darn star isn't even listed. They have 30 gold stars listed for MU...but this isn't one of them. I then became curious and tried to find out which they listed instead that wasn't in the game...like a one for one switch. Again, none existent. In fact, if you count the stars in the game under the mission log you will find that there are 31 stars listed! I was pretty sure that all the playsets were supposed to have 30...and Prima agrees...but if you actually count them in Monsters you will find there are 31 and that darn Clothes one is unobtainable for me...so far.

Has anyone actually been able to get this star? If so, you may have been able to snag an extra "free" star!
"Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange, that's the second toy complaint we've had."

-- My Disney Infinity Collection:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3347#sthash.KMpufgip.dpbs

rank_50
ll_HollywooD_ll
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Explicit » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:16 pm

I think its a mistake. As far as I know , no one has gotten a gold star for this mission

rank_100
Explicit
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby toops » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 am

i don't even see a 'clothes make the monster' gold star but i can't unlock the monster modifier star..

rank_deputy_etch
toops

Postby CoastyJimbo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:11 pm

For the Batty Bushes, I am sure I scared more than 15 bushes, but I think you had to do unique bushes and they have to be the weird hand tree stump. For Frat Row, you can't get the Gold Star until after you have unlocked the pig. There is a Pig Challenge on Frat Row. If you are running low on cash, use 2 x Pirates Discs and play all of the Paint Ball Challenges. I racked up like 10,000 completing them all on hard (it took quite a few chances).

I am having a hard time getting the last Joke Launcher for the Jokester Gold Star... I haven't finished two mission yet: Painter Poster and the Bike Mission to do tricks to grab the fear canisters. Does one of those unlock the ability to buy the Final Launcher (the newspaper one)?
CoastyJimbo

Postby TheFlyingDonkey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:03 pm

^^I unlocked all the Joke launcher items before I even entered Frat Row, so I would say no.

I'm really stuck on the Bike mission with the canisters too! I'm a monster with 5 left feet and no driving coordination. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to sneak up on the fear-bot-diddlys on the first mission. Ahaha :roll:

For the Batty Bushes, I definitely didn't do 15 separate bushes. I didn't know which bush they meant, so on Fear Tech's campus there's a place where the two different kinds are next to each other. I kept cycling through scaring both until I unlocked it.

rank_100
TheFlyingDonkey
Main Console: PS4

Postby bzyboy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:16 pm

rank_100
bzyboy
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mauison » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:02 pm

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone was able to get the gold star for "Clothes Make The Monster"? That's the only gold star I haven't gotten and I'm guess it's still a glitch, six months after release.

As for the Batty Bush, I kept scaring the bats around the buildings, that didn't work. Then I found the small orange bushes and scared those bats but that didn't work. Then happened to look at my Toy Store and noticed that I had never bought the purple Bat bushes. So I bought those, then went back and forth to the big bushes near the clock tower and eventually got my Gold Star!

rank_0
Mauison

Postby bloxxerman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:59 am

Got all 30. I'm probably the only person who has never had a problem with something in di! :-D
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions