Cars 2 and Megamind

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Cars 2 and Megamind

Postby infinitelywut » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Does anybody think the Cars 2 well, cars characters will be released for future versions of the game?

I am hoping on Shu Todoroki.

I hope Metro Man from Megamind will be released as well. Isn't it Pixar produced and disney owned now?
Wanted For Infinity (as a future figure)

Shu Todoroki (from cars)

Metro Man (from Megamind)

rank_0
infinitelywut
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Cars 2 and Megamind

Postby DipperPines18 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Metro Man is Dreamworks, and i dont think they will make a shu
"Reality is an Illusion, The Universe is a hologram,"-Bill Cipher

rank_100
DipperPines18
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby spideyroxas » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Well there already is two Cars 2 characters included, and that's Holley & Francesco... So as for more I don't know, it's odd that Sally from Cars isn't anywhere in the game though... And she's McQueens girlfriend.

As for Megamind. It's a Dreamworks film so you have no chance of them getting in :p
Imagination is Infinite, unlike my wallet...

rank_0
spideyroxas
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Turtles » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:33 pm

I thought the same, at first before I looked at the set properly I though Holley was Sally but it seems more of a Cars 2 set than a Cars 1 character set.

MegaMind was a dreamworks picture, it's easy to mistake as alot of Dreamworks stuff gets mistaken for Disney now due to the films sometimes being fairly similar.

rank_0
Turtles

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Mega mind is not Disney so it won't happen.

Don't remember where I heard this but you rarley see Sally anywhere for cars stuff because the car model itself is a porsche and apparently the rights they have to use that car model are limited when it comes to toys. I rember I use to buy the cars model cars at the Disney store a few years after the first movie came out and I never saw a Sally until they relesesed the second film. So they may have renewed the limited rights to issue her toy then. I think they expired again.

We didn't even see Sarge in the game! I wonder if its something similar.
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

Postby Turtles » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

You could be on to something there which makes me wonder if Francesco won't be available in a year or two like some of the old Skylanders characters as he seems based on a Ferrari car if they licensed that they may have to withdraw the character.

rank_0
Turtles

Postby buckmana » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:07 pm

I think there's an obscure rule about depicting military based characters (like Sarge).

Apparently, the military, even in comedy or parody movies, insist you take the rules seriously.

I vaguely remember Sarge had to be partially endorsed by the American Army, since he's an ex-soldier and uses their rank insignia.

So, if that's true, it could be a reason why he isn't there.

Or it could be that they couldn't get his voice actor.
I haven't played the cars set yet, so don't know if they're using the movie voice actors or not.

And unfortunately, Dreamworks properties won't make it into DI.
I wish they did though, it would be fun to bring Monsters Vs Aliens, How to Train your Dragon and Megamind into the world.

Susan might be a bit tricky though, she's a giant!
Although, the tv show (which I haven't seen yet) says she learned to alter her size to become giant or normal height at will.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Ignohippo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:27 am

Sarge all but disappeared on almost everything after the incident with lead in the green paint of the very popular 1:55 scale car. They brought him back out as a single and in a Boot Camp set, but that was it. He was removed from posters, etc. after that. My son has a Cars poster just like the theatrical poster and he,s been romoved but you can still see the outline where he used to be

I also hated how Finn was at Sarge's Surpluss Hut in the game, rather than Sarge. Not sure if it's the Army, Jeep or the paint issues, but he disappeared from all merchandise around the time of the paint problems.

rank_100
Ignohippo

Postby infinitelywut » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:26 am

Wow thanks for all the responses. Hopefully they will release more cars characters in the future Disney Infinity games.

And thanks again for the responses!
Wanted For Infinity (as a future figure)

Shu Todoroki (from cars)

Metro Man (from Megamind)

rank_0
infinitelywut
Main Console: Xbox 360

Next

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions