How to stay in story mode

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

How to stay in story mode

Postby Fulton812 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 pm

How do you just complete the story mode in monsters university so as to avoid any bike missions

rank_50
Fulton812

Re: How to stay in story mode

Postby Rich T » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Well, I can tell you I'm the worst Infinity virtual bike rider on the planet, and I got through the Monsters U. story mode and finished it out with only two bike missions completed: The one where you simply ride around Frat Row. and the scream canister mission, which I completed mostly on foot. So take heart, you can completely suck at the bikes and still finish story mode. :)

rank_0
Rich T
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby LeiaOrgana » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 am

What is the problem you are having with the bike? It's easier to control than the cars, in my experience. Perhaps people can help you figure out what it is you may be missing.

rank_250
LeiaOrgana
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 am

Unfortunately, you can't skip the bike missions because you have to complete in order to move on.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby buddyex » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:41 pm

I had a slightly different problem, I got through the actual story mode and completed all the missions that the NPC's give you , all I had to complete was some of the bike challenges and find a few pennants and get a few more of the gold stars. The only problem I experienced was that once I'd completed the main story, I could no longer go back to Frat row, even though I still had half of the challenges to complete. I'd travel down the tunnel that takes you to frat row, but once I got to the other end there was a big blue scrolling door with the MU logo on it, that scrolled but wouldn't let me pass, this is on the 360 version. Has anybody else experienced this, it's frustrating the completist in me.

Had a similar problem with The Lone Ranger, finished the main story and all the fetch quests, but still have a bunch of gold stars to get that involve killing enemies with the Spirit Horse etc. only problem is, once you get that far in the game, there are no bad guys to battle, they stop respawning .

rank_0
buddyex
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby ntnon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:16 pm

E-mail or Twitter to Disney and see what they say... it could be an accident or design flaw that they can correct or offer a workaround for.

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby Retlaw » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm

I'll have to check tonight to make sure it was after we finished the main story line, but I also ran into the blue MU screen going to Frat Row. I just waited a little bit and it eventually slid out of the way -- but this may have been before we finished the main story line (I don't remember). We are on the Wii U.

EDIT 9:20p:
Just finished some running around in MU (finally found the last Scare Tech flag) and the blue wall was there when I went to Frat Row at first,if I waited for a little while (10 sec maybe), it went away.

rank_50
Retlaw
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Father » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:51 pm

As retlaw discovered the blue wall will disappear. The game loads frat row as you are traveling down the tunnel, if it is not finished it will put up the blue wall.
6 featured toyboxes and counting...

rank_50_ftb
Father
Main Console: PS3

Postby buddyex » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 am

thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to try it again tonight, but I thought I had already left it for a few minutes to give it a chance.

Wish there was an easier way of telling how many penants and other items I had to find

rank_0
buddyex
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions