Musicboy74's Playset Ratings

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Musicboy74's Playset Ratings

Postby Musicboy74 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:05 am

Alright, since I have completed the story mode of all 6 playsets, I have decided to rate them myself. I'll start with the Starter Pack playsets:

Incredibles - This super playset places you in Metroville to defeat Syndrome and his Omnidroids. The combat is okay, but not the greatest. The toys you unlock are pretty cool, and well allow you to create a city of your own in the Toy Box. Overall, the Incredibles gets a 7/10.

Pirates - Off to sail the seven seas! This PotC playset takes you on your journey to defeat Davy Jones and his kraken. Jump into your ship and ride around in this Disney Assassin's Creed world. The toys here aren't that spectacular, but the ships and combat do make up for it. It was pretty cool being Captain Jack fighting off Jones' minions. Overall, Pirates get a 7.5/10.

Monsters U - ROAR! This monstrous adventure takes you to the campus of Monsters University, when Mike and Sulley were in college. It is Fear-It Week, so the gang takes a trip to sabotage their rival, Fear Tech, to win the most points. The story isn't the best, but it is pretty nice. The toys here are somewhat useful. Overall, Monsters U gets a 8/10.

Now, onto the 3 separate playsets:

Lone Ranger - Howdy there partner! This playset brings you into the Wild West with Lone Ranger and Tonto. Colby's gang is up to no good, and you have to stop them. Ride your horses and put the culprits in the town jail. The story here is pretty good, and so are the toys you unlock. The packs are a major up here, they can really be useful during battles in Toy Box. Overall, Lone Ranger gets a 9/10.

Cars - Ready, set, GO! Race around as Lightning McQueen to defeat your rivals in many races. Use CHROME weapons to fight off others during battle races, or race classic with no weapons. You can also do stunts and tricks in the stunt park. The story is very bland, and the main point is to race, race, race! The toys aren't that great, but the weapons are probably the main attraction here. Overall, Cars gets a 6.5/10.

Toy Story - Star Command, come in Star Command, can you read me? Buzz Lightyear and his buddies are located on the Aliens' planet, where there is some volcanic activity going around. Have your alien scientists research on the incredible growing and shrink goo, or go to the Combat Simulation to become a full fledged Space Ranger. I won't spoil it, but the story here is absolutely fantastic, the best one by far. The toys are also the best, and the goo is fun to play with. Overall, Toy Story gets a 10/10.

These are my personal reviews on the playsets. You may not agree with me, since this is an opinion. Discuss here!
(Also, wasn't sure if I should put this here or in Everything Else discussions, but this is related to gameplay so this should be in the right place.)
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: Musicboy74's Playset Ratings

Postby tangled&tron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:54 am

^ Whoa... TS got a 10. :shock: And LR is the first playset I'm gonna buy next, but I have no doubt I'm gonna like it since I like westerns in general.

For the starter kit... I liked Pirates the best... constructing your own Pirate ship, having naval battles and exploring small islands was the best. I kinda wish it had been it's own bigger game. I didn't like the Incredibles playset until I got the Incredicopter... raining missiles down on upon bad buys from above is really fun. :D I thought MU was horrible until I got my first bike... IMO the players default speed is just way too slow for you to be forced to walk around all over the place. MU had the best atmosphere though IMO... and things picked up once I got to Frat Row.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Musicboy74 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:27 am

^ Yeah, it is pretty slow, but rolling+shoulder charge can get you up to speed.
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Agent P fan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:27 pm

My favorite so far is monsters. I still sent have a additional playset.
"I feel like the maid." Mr. Incredible

rank_100
Agent P fan
Main Console: PS4

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions