Cars is the worst playset in the game!

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Cars is the worst playset in the game!

Postby altiareagle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:18 am

The only reason my interest is even eyeing this is because of the weapons for vehicles. And still it doesn't seem like $40.
I'll probably just trade my cousin the toy story playset for the cars one for a weekend. Or just plainly invite him over so we can have fun making fun of the impossibility of that set and unlock each other unopened vaults.
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.
Main Console: PS3

Postby bloxxerman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:01 am

I found this playset quite easy, much easier than toy story. Took me forever to get all those damn capsules...

Am I the only one who really enjoyed Cars and didn't have any problems?
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:16 pm

I enjoyed Cars for the most of it too. Its not the best, but its also not as bad as people make it out to be.

rank_50
Chris
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby John Reid » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 pm

I actually liked the play set very much. I know there is almost no story at all in it. I know the missions are quite repetitive, more than other play sets. There are basically just a lot of races, but that is all I expected in a Cars play set. But that is maybe also the reason why I enjoy that play set, because it is very different from the other play sets. I don't think it is too hard either, there were lots of other missions in other play sets that were definitely harder.
I have twelve percent of a plan.

rank_100_ftb
John Reid
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Woody7850 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:09 am

Some specific side missions can be challenging, but the overall story is easy. I wouldn't recommend it in favor of the superior The Lone Ranger or Toy Story sets, though.
Reach for the Sky! -Woody

rank_250
Woody7850
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:19 am

Decided to try it again, I unlocked the giant tires although I guess they just appear during amission and you don't have to open a package to get them since there was no package delivered.

These missions though, doing tricks while in the air are torture. You have to get 3000, I got 200. It seems you can pass races by getting 2nd place though.

Personally I wish I didn't buy, unlike The Incredibles where I can't finish it because I can't fly the helicopter to save my life this feels like a waste of money since doing tricks and racing npc's is the whole point of the game.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Modeltrainman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:33 am

It's not the worst set. Not that there is a worst set. The mechanics it teaches, and the toys it brings are all really cool!
Besides, people see things differently, so...
I personally find it well designed. Mr. Canning, and toonbaboon did an amazing job.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:34 pm

The main problems I had with it were finding the trick arena. A map would have helped. A map may help all of the play sets actually.

rank_250
crazybirdman

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:10 pm

It's definitely not the worst playset in the game but not the best either. The only real trouble I had was doing the trick challenges in the stunt arena, those took me ages!

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions