How will Violet use her powers?

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

How will Violet use her powers?

Postby buckmana » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am

I've been wondering how Violet's powers will be used in gameplay.

First of all, she has two seperate powers, invisibility and forceshields.
Can she use both of these?

Secondly, Violet's forcefields can be created in a few different shapes depending on what she needs to do with it:

1. A large flat shield to block enemy fire.
2. A Dome to encase others and protect them from harm (this can be of varying sizes, depending on how many people need to fit inside it). It can also be projected in front of someone to block their path (if they're moving at speed, they'll smack hard into it).
3. A sphere to encase objects in the air (can be used to shield flying vehicles or imprison enemies). Also used as the basis for the fusion power Incrediball.

But that might be bit complicated to implement, so not sure if the forcefield power can be used like that.
For example, when you wish to generate one, it would ask you what shape, then if it's one of the variable sizes ones, what size should it be.
That could be worked around by using a preset though, say, you predefine what setting to use and it just remembers what you set until you change it again.

I'd also prefer that they don't put a timer on the use of these powers.
In the movie, they've shown that Violet can use these powers indefinitely.

Also, nothing ruins a good invisibilty sneaking then being forcibly made visable.

The movie also hints that Violet is physically strong, so she'd most likely punch and kick her enemies.
After all, beating up a henchman twice your age and bigger then you with a branch is a good indication that you have some pretty strong arm muscles, for a swing powerful enough to knock him off his feet!

Plus, I'd get a big laugh out of beating on a bad guy while invisible! :lol:

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: How will Violet use her powers?

Postby Charlee » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Violet uses her force fields as an attack as well as defensive manuvers. Also she has invisibility. Pixar and avalanche met to discuss violets and if they could expand that.

Here is Incredibles gameplay. You can she how they have expanded and improved her powers better then me explaining :)

We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions