Arendelle Castle desperately needed!

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Arendelle Castle desperately needed!

Postby buckmana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:23 pm

I was putting the finishing touches to my Arendelle map when I ran into a severe problem.

Because there was no Arendelle Castle in the toybox, I had to attempt to model one.

But because Anna kept spawning inside the castle, I had to fill the interior with solid blocks in an attempt to force her to materialize elsewhere.
IT DID NOT WORK!

See for youself:
Anna will always appear inside that block directly behind her and until you move her outside of the castle, it doesn't exist.
Which caused me endless confusion until I worked out what was going on. :?

There can only be one solution to this problem.
And that is DI providing an actual modelled Arendelle Castle that I can just drop in the map.
It would also allow me to free up some memory, by deleting all these blocks that I was forced to use to build the castle.

Do you think if I got down on my knees and begged they'd make one for us?

No offense intended to Rapunzel, but I'm rather miffed she got her tower while Anna and Elsa got nothing. :(

My project is basically stuck now, without the castle, there's nothing more that can be done until I get it.
To explain, I'm near memory capacity and am having to choose very carefully what goes into the map.

Which is why I don't use the Disney Infinity Hub to force a spawn position elsewhere, that object consumes a massive amount of memory.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: Arendelle Castle desperately needed!

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:35 pm

have you tried using a checkpoint as a spawn point?

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Yah, just use a checkpoint as your spawn point... just gotta go to properties and mark it as active. But an Arendelle Castle set piece would have been nice... I mean MU got a bunch giant set pieces that I will never use.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby buckmana » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:08 am

What is a checkpoint?

I am purposefully ignoring the majority of set pieces, as they serve no purpose to me.
I find uses for some of them, but the rest remain unused by me.

Mostly because they are something very specific and look like it, so unless I can sneak it in as a "reasonable doubt item", it would just ruin the theme of my map.

Arendelle is using fragments of pirate buildings to emulate the village.
I did place one of the MU buildings though, because it's the closest one in shape I could find to the main village hall from Arendelle.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby tangled&tron » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:32 am

^ Checkpoint...
Spoiler: show

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby buckmana » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:35 am

Thanks for the video.

I'll use the checkpoint from now on to designate spawn points, as it beats that clunky disney infinity pad.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm putting it against walls, but when the map loads, the camera is always pointing at the character from the side instead of at the front or behind.
As opposed to facing the character from the front or behind them.

Maybe when I try a more open map later, the camera will use a more normal position.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby tangled&tron » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:43 am

^ If you are spawning without a checkpoint or hub the camera will always be from the side. But if you use the checkpoint the camera will always be from behind the checkpoint... so you just gotta rotate the front of the checkpoint to point at the thing you want the player to see when you first start up your map.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby buckmana » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:44 am

On one of my more open maps, the camera did position itself correctly.

So I guess having a wall where the camera wanted to be forced it to move somewhere else.

Okay, I really need the castle now!

I ran into a problem that can only be solved (hopefully!) by deleting the blocks used to create the imitation castle:

After seeing the movie for the second time, I was adding in features I hadn't been able to see clearly from screenshots.
This seawall was the final step to complete.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to link up the segments because the memory hit the limit. :cry:

I'm assuming one singular building set piece would consume less memory then all the blocks I used to sculpt the castle.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Rosamouse » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:54 pm

If you don't have the checkpoint Creativi-toy unlocked from the DI Vault, then just plunk down the DI hub somewhere outside the castle. Anna or whoever you place on the base will spawn there instead.

The hub is also somewhat useful if you have multiple checkpoints spread around your toy box, as it provides a definite spot that your character will be generated at whenever you load the game.

rank_50
Rosamouse
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions