Arendelle Castle desperately needed!

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Arendelle Castle desperately needed!

Postby Nanashidesu » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Yeah! Just place a HUB. It serves as spawn point. By the way where did you get all these spins from? I'm desperately trying to unlock all tools to finally start building big.
Why is your font so freakishly big?
Why are you reading this in my voice?

rank_50
Nanashidesu
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby buckmana » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:28 pm

As I mentioned earlier, I cannot use the hub due to the memory requirements of the map (it's at capacity) and the hub consumes a phenomenal amount of memory for one single object!
Every time the hub is shown (annoyingly it's the first object that shows up in build menu), the game says "no memory".

That's why I am using the checkpoint instead, it's smaller and presumably uses less memory.

But that's the problem here, with the amount of memory Arendelle Castle is consuming, I need to replace it with a singular building (like Rapunzel's Tower or Cinderella's Castle) so I can finish the work I started.
I'm assuming one building set piece has less memory demands then 20-40 blocks (I didn't count them) in the shape of a castle.
Hence why I need Arendelle Castle as that building set piece.

As to why I have I so many spins, I used the infinite spin trick a lot before it was removed (you can't use that trick now).
And the majority of those spins were used to completely empty the Vault out.
When I started getting new figures, they were adding spins to the remaining spins I hadn't used (because the Vault was empty and therefore, nothing to spin for).

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Nanashidesu » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Should have gotten the game earlier...
Does the world have enemies or destroyable objects? Those take quite a bit of memory.
I once tested the capacity of the map by creating a repeater that keeps spawning basketballs.
Why Basketballs? Because we slam and jam!
And each spawner spawns up to 5 till it starts despawning them.
And those took quite a lot of memory. 6 Spawners later my toy box was full.

It seems that the bigger and gimmicky a toy is the more space it takes which means that things like enemies and active enemy wave spawners take the most space as they have the most advanced script of any object.

Another method is to be a little bit smaller. You don't have to completely recreate a whole world (Even though I'm still mad that I can't place ocean water and ships from the pirate set) and could just try to build a world based on a theme of a world.
But finally you need to decide what to delete in favor of finishing the castle.
Why is your font so freakishly big?
Why are you reading this in my voice?

rank_50
Nanashidesu
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby buckmana » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 am

No enemies, no destroyable objects.
I go absolute barebones for my maps, since realistic recreation is the goal, not action adventures.

There's a few doors and a pair of horses linked to power switches/replayers, that's about it in in terms of animated toys.

The castle was completed, but the price of doing so was being unable to complete the wall shown in the picture.
Also, there are two features I hadn't gotten around to including, because of the memory limitation.

And there's nothing that can be deleted, not without ruining the map.
I suspect what consumed the remainder of the memory was the massive mountain I had to build so you're not seeing something really wierd everytime you look towards Elsa's Ice Palace.
Although, oddly, terrain blocks seems to consume less memory then building blocks, even though they're over 30 times the size (for some of the larger ones).

This experience has pretty much confirmed that realistic world creation is far beyond the capacity of what DI can do or support.

I was planning on doing Corona (Tangled) next, but (compared to Arendelle), it's a vastly more complicated map.
If DI couldn't even cope with Arendelle, there's no way it could handle the demands of Corona. :cry:

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions