Goo Bot Rant

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Goo Bot Rant

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm sorry. Before I even start. But I just am so annoyed by this.

In the Toy Story Play Set you can unlock the Goo Bot for use in the Toy Box.

This is a very loose interpretation of "use" clearly. I attempted to place one in a box where I had already used maybe a third of the meter. But it wouldn't allow me to place it. So I opened up a blank box. It would let me place the Goo Bot but it shows that it will fill the bar to half way.

So I placed it anyway. And BAM automatically a full Toy Box. This is a Toy Box with one slab of of terrain and a Goo Bot.

Now I know it summons little additional bots which accounts for some of this. But seriously?

Someone tell me what the point of having it to place when you can't really use it in a Toy Box because of the amount of space it takes up?

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Goo Bot Rant

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:54 pm

I just use the Enemy Generators to create enemies. Those have the smallest memory footprint. Not sure why you'd place individually.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 pm

@modeltrainman I use replayers to place when I want an enemy to drop from above. Also not all enemies are available in the generator. I'd say I do both 50/50.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:36 pm

@Lauren, hmmm. Good question, then. Maybe they figured the Goo Bot was too much fun to be playset only?
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby tangled&tron » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:47 am

Yah, I noticed this a while back... I was completely stunned, never even thought it was possible for the toy box meter to move up so fast. :lol: Something must have happened, like only later on did they discover how much memory he actually uses and so they purposefully made it so you can't use him by pegging your meter.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby tangled&tron » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 am

Yah, I just noticed that the Goo Bot completely filling up the toy box meter is just an illusion... it is just showing you that the Goo Bot is the only bad guy you can have onscreen at one time... you have to make sure all the other bad guys in your map are cleared out before spawning the Goo Bot. Even if your toy box meter for your map is red you can still use the Goo Bot as like an end boss battle or something... just tried it on my map. I think that's how the toy box meter works with bad guys... whenever the meter spikes for a bad guy it is just showing you how many bad guys you can have and not the actually amount of building memory that is left.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:14 am

my sons decided they needed a goo bot and added the first one about the 2 minute mark, they are fun to use ...

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:07 am

Funny that this is still going. I have 4 in my arcade box that stand in for Zurg.
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby tangled&tron » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:43 am

^ Yah, I only figured this out now. :mrgreen: In my defense though... I knew about the Vader being Luke's father thing a long time ago. LOL.

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Next

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions