GDC Video with John V.

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

GDC Video with John V.

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Just saw this new video on YouTube of John V. Being interviewed at the GDC conference earlier this year. Most of the video was similar to qvides we have seen in the past, talking about the playsets and the toy box. Near the end, though, John Vignocchi started talking about the final, "mystery" playset that has yet to be announced for launch. He explained that he was super excited about this playset, and that it is testing "o f the charts" with kids. Most of us believe the playset will be Lone Ranger, but this video maybe me wonder that maybe, if the kids love it so much, it could be a more familiar playset, like Toy Story. I just can't see kids really enjoying a Lone Rangers Playset because it doesn't seem like it will be one of those kid- friendly movies like Pixar movies. I could be wrong here, but this video really made me think a little. What do you guys think about this video?
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: New GDC Video with John V.

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Unfortunately this video has already been posted on these forums before. I feel that the reason that the Lone Ranger play set tests off the charts is because it is a Cowboys and Indians play set (no racism intended). Kids, especially boys, absolutely love to play Cowboys and Indians. Bare in mind that anything can test off the charts if you set the bar so low. I don't think that Disney expected it to be so well received because it is an unreleased IP. They forgot about the popularity of Cowboys.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Re: GDC Video with John V.

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:21 pm

Hmm. Good point. I'm just trying to find something that might hint at Lone Rnager isn't going to be The last playse, because I'd much rather see WIR or Toy Sory, but oh well!
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Re: GDC Video with John V.

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:25 am

topic locked

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody