Sonic the Hedgehog Archie Comic Topic

family friendly books and comics that are not Disney related

Sonic the Hedgehog Archie Comic Topic

Postby Woody7850 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:50 pm

This is a topic that talks about the Sonic comic series. Whether you've been reading from 1993 or if you have never heard of the series, this is the hub for your questions and comments!
Reach for the Sky! -Woody

rank_250
Woody7850
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Archie Comic Topic

Postby Agent C » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 pm

I really would like to pick this one up from the beginning. I know that they have the Sonic Universe Comic that isn't too far in. Is it something that I could pick up with from the beginning, or is it tied to the original tales?

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Woody7850 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 pm

It's...a bit confusing, actually. The book has recently undergone a time warp of some sort, and the continuity of the book has been entirely reset. Since this reset has most of the old timeline mixed with the new timeline, if you picked up the latest issue, you'd be confused.

The Sonic Archives collections store the books from the beginning, and since the stories are like TV shows (there is a different plot each issue), it isn't confusing. So unless you'd like to buy, like, 50 comics just to be up to date, you're better off getting the Archives.

Also, the Sonic Universe comics change story arcs every four issues. So that book is also easy to understand.

rank_250
Woody7850
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Agent C » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

I know they carry them in trade now so I may start with them. I have been toying with it for some time now. Thanks for the info. Do you know if the colors or Lost World story lines are represented now or will be I the future? I guess it a strange thing to be hung up on, but I love timelines. Hyrule History was perfect for me. I talk of going back and playing the Zelda series in timeline order. I like to do the same thing with comics and books. One of my OCD's I guess.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Woody7850 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:54 am

They are set in the "In Another Time, In Another Place" storyline, where the canon is from the games. They also have recently began to put the game adaptions in the Digest and Magazine titles, which also collect old comics.

rank_250
Woody7850
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:50 am

Have you guys noticed that in the "In another Time, Another Place" Storyline, each of the freedom fighters got their own special abilities just like if they were in the Games?
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to other books and comics