Favorite Books and series

family friendly books and comics that are not Disney related

Favorite Books and series

Postby Chewbacca » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:30 am

Just wondering all the good books people like.
My favorite book is The Hobbit. I am currently reading it for the 5th time.
My favorite series is the N.E.R.D.S series by Michael Buckley
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Re: Favorite Books and series

Postby Agent C » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 am

This is gonna sound really bad coming from a guy, but I enjoy the Rouge Angel series by Alex Archer. Of course, Alex Archer is really three or four different people, and it is published by a subsidiary of Harlequin. However, if you are a fan of Lara Croft, you should give it a shot. It's big dumb fun.

I do like Artemis Fowl. I hear Disney is developing him into a movie by the way. I dig Harry Potter. I know. It's a cheap cop out, but they are very well written. I like Tony Abbot as an author. Thomas Greanias's Atlantis series is good. James Rollins is a good read. There really is a lot of talented writers out there. Most of the stuff by Brandon Mull is good. It is just insanely hard to nail down one.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Chewbacca » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:38 pm

I love Artimus Fowl
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:05 pm

The Percy Jackson books & their sequel series Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan are both incredibly good, especially if you like Greek/Roman mythology, I love them all, final book releases this October. Rick Riordan also has a book series based around Egyptian mythology called The Kane Chronicles which I haven't gotten around to reading yet but I hear are pretty good. If you like dragons, The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini are excellent books, some of my favorites. Also, I know I'll sound very mainstream for these but Harry Potter & The Hunger Games are both good series as well, read them both, love them.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby Stitch » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Harry Potter - Read and watched 'em all. Rarely are the movies just as good as the books.
Percy Jackson - Read all of them, the movies were disappointing, can't wait for Blood of Olympus.
Divergent - Read all of them, movie was OK.
Hunger Games - Read all of them, Movies are amazing, can't wait for Mockingjay movie.
Lord of the Rings - Read them all, the movies are good but get very boring :lol:
Hobbit - From reading it, it really did not need three movies.
Artemis Fowl - I only read the first one, but it is good so far. Heard about the movie coming soon.
Kane Chronicles - Another good series by Riordan.
The Fault in Our Stars - I may be a guy, but this was an awesome book, and the movie was pretty good too.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby SketchFox7 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:37 am

@Stitch- I need to read Artemis Fowl, Disney is actual doing the movie!

I wish Disney would take another crack at the Percy Jackson series, the movies were really disappointed, they strayed entirely from the books and Disney publishes the books anyways, if Artemis Fowl is good, Disney needs to do a Percy Jackson & Heroes of Olympus film series!
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby BenFleischman » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:53 am

I read the first Percy Jackson's when I was learning about Greek Mythology in my English class. I've come to love mythology. And the PJ books were pretty good, but nothing notably signifigant can come out of a youth book series. And the movies: Gosh-awfully terrible and unappealing! The kids are practically adults already! That was a terrible decision by the filmmakers. The only reason the book appealed to me (a youth) is because the protagonist was a kid. The Percy in the movie is a rebellious jack*** with no apparent vulnerability. That's not the Percy I remember in the book. He was an innocent kid. And everything he acheived was so incredible because he was a KID.

And if Disney redid the series it would at least be entertaining! It may not get the best reviews, but I think they'd have the motivation to make something APPEALING.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Return to other books and comics