ModelTrainMan, Disney Infinity Toy Box Artist

Disney Infinity Fans exclusive interviews

ModelTrainMan, Disney Infinity Toy Box Artist

Postby PirateSteven » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:19 am

Today, April 7th, is ModelTrainMan's birthday!

On behalf of all of the interested Disney Infinity Fans we asked Avalanche Software's #1 Fan, ModelTrainMan,some questions.

What is your real name? Country?
Nick Battaglia, USA

What is the origin story of your Toy Box submission username?
Well, in real life, I'm a railroad fan, like Walt Disney himself. Currently, I'm building a Disney themed layout, using LEGO.

Why are you Avalanche Software's #1 fan?
I only play Disney games. If I ever(rarely) play something that's not a Disney game, it (A) better have been a gift(B)was less than $1. (C) Free. I own all Disney games developed by Avalanche Software. Loved them all!

You received a Toy Box Artist of the Year award for most toy box challenges entered. Have you ever missed not submitted a toy box for a weekly challenge?
Yep. One Fireworks. No time, no idea.

How many total toy boxes would you guess you have created?
100? Too many too count.

What made you decide to buy Disney Infinity?
I grew up watching Disney movies due to my mom being a fan, and my disability, Cerebral Palsy, making physical stuff hard.. And it's like LEGO. Grew up with that. I grew up on Disney Interactive games, so it was another of those.

What is your favorite play set and why?
Oh, yeah. Favorite Playset: Toy Story, because of Rex, Cars, because of Mater, Avengers due to the snowmobile...I'm a vehicle fan...

Who is your favorite Disney Infinity 2.0 character and why?
Uh...Disney Original: Baymax, because he's kind and yet strong. Marvel, Groot, because he's loyal, but will help his friends to save them.

Which character would you like to see included that hasn't already been and why?
Wait, really? You're asking me this? Rex, obviously. grew up with him, and he and I are so much alike.

What is your favorite power disc and why?
Main Street Electrical Parade. It launches joy into the air! And the memories. Do you know that it's one of my ringtones?

What is your favorite new toy from 2.0?
Snowmobile. It's fast, durable, and different.

When you hear of a new challenge, what steps do you take to make your idea for a Toy Box a reality?
Find out what the challenge is, watch its media, if time permits, and try to think what others may be doing, and try something unique. I can't draw to save my life, so I usually start by playing with a toy that inspires me, and building a box around its cool function.

What do you consider to be your specialty when building Toy Boxes?
Creating toy boxes, that though they may not always place inspire joy, and excitement in others!

What is your favorite Toy Box that someone else has built?
Uh.... I have so many. Pirate Steve's Fantasmic, Papa Echo's...anything, erdadi3's Woody's Roundup box...

What are some of your favorite Toy Boxes that have not been a featured top 5 Toy Box?
Probably Pizza Planet Peril! I really liked featuring a giant block model of Rex, and paying homage to a favorite game, Disney's Split/Second. Oh, and my Circle of Life, the reaction to that in others was unbridled joy.

What is your dream Toy Box challenge?
A Rex challenge, where the goal is to get Rex top billing, where he stars, and gets to be big, and the hero, where he gets his due.

What is the feeling like to see that video gamers are posting video playthroughs of your toy box on youtube?
Surprising. I build for fun, and for the joy others may get, I'd never dream that they'd be so excited about non placing toy boxes.

Share a story of adversity from when you were building one of your Toy Boxes that you had to overcome.
Theme All was my arch foe in Infinity 1.0. My right side is affected by CP, and my right hand always hit theme all, only to ruin everything.

Share a funny story from when you were building one of your toy boxes.
Well, I had a haunted house from last year that neither worked nor place. I went back to polish it for Haunted Mansion, and imagine my surprise when the house came to life, and attacked. I set it up that way, but assumed it would never work.

Share your most memorable memory from the 2014 Toy Box Summit.
Let's see. I want to work for Avalanche Software, so making friends with the team, meeting Pirate Steve, getting ambush hugged by Mr. Vignocchi.

Do you have any advice for aspiring Toy Box Artists?
Don't give up! Keep your boxes! They may not win, but may someday fit a Challenge! Connect with fellow Artists, and give help whenever! Save your Boxes! Also, take time to build with others. They may be new to the game, or young enough to be inexperienced, but you may bring them joy, by setting aside time!

Your Rex's Home toy box was featured from the overnight challenge at the Toy Box Summit. Please give us some Inside the Toy Box details on your Rex's Home toy box.
Rex's Home is a place near and dear to my heart, It doesn't exist in my head, but due to growing up and having few friends. I grew close to Rex, I had in my head a place where we could be happy, not worrying about fear, or insecurities. Rex's Home is the digital realization of that place. Simply, that's my imagination.

Download the Rex's Home toy box here

Your Radiator Springs toy box was selected as a featured toy box in the Be a Hero Challenge. Please give us some Inside the Toy Box details on your Radiator Springs toy box.
I love Mater. I also loved Cars. A little known fact, I've made friends at Avalanche, even pre Summit. I was struggling to beat Cars' Triple Ring Challenge last Summer due to my disabilities. One of my Avalanche buddies told me if I could beat it, he'd draw me a present. Beat it, but I did it for the farmhouse!

Radiator Springs is a tribute to my friend's work on Cars, and it's only fitting that it placed in Be a Hero, because I had a ton of hospital visits growing up, and wanted to show my support to people like the ones who helped me, and people with disabilities.

Download the Radiator Springs toy box here

Your Happiest ToyBox that Ever Sailed toy box was selected as the winning entry for the It's a Small World attraction in the Disneyland Project. Please give us some inside the toy box details on your Happiest ToyBox that Ever Sailed toy box.
The Happiest ToyBox that Ever Sailed started it's life as a race track. I sat down that weekend, invited a few friends, and suddenly, before I knew it, they had verbally transformed it into a slow cruise, just like the ride. I'm seriously convinced we need a boat of some kind in 3.0, even if it's just a car, effectively. I'll just throw it in the river anyway. I'm not pleased with my solution, still.

Download the Happiest ToyBox that Ever Sailed toy box here

If you could add a feature to Disney Infinity, what would it be...besides a playable Rex?
I'd build a railroad system with tracks for trains, commodity pickups, trains you could drive either with a throttle, or in cab, and tons of commodities, including more animals, wood, then we'd need a crane, if I could create a Toy Box Game, it'd be a Railroad Tycoon.

What does "infinite possibilites" and "if you can dream it, you can do it" mean to you?‏
OK, so this'll sound ultra philosophical, but with everything I've been through infinite possibilities means that God has given me infinite possibilities to bring joy, excitement to others. I believe the sky's the limit, and I may even work at Avalanche in some capacity and bring joy to others.

One of my favorite ModelTrainMan toy box creations is his Big Thunder Mountain Railroad toy box titled the Wildest Toy Box in the Wilderness. You can find a ride thru video preview and a link to download the box below.

Download the Wildest Toy Box in the Wilderness toy box here

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: ModelTrainMan, Disney Infinity Toy Box Artist

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:28 pm

I sound like a crazy person. At least, I feel I do.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby cosmiclaurel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:00 pm

@ModelTrainMan Of course you don't. Also, Happy Birthday!

rank_0
cosmiclaurel

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:14 pm

@mtm happy birthday firstly and awesome interview secondly.

Really inciteful and your love of the game is inspiring

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby trondai » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:44 pm

@ModelTrainMan Happy birthday! I really enjoyed this interview. You came across as a kindhearted and creative guy. Keep up the good work! :D

rank_0
trondai

Postby Vasuri83 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Great interview @mtm! Very inspiring :) Hope you're having a great birthday!
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Great Interview Nick! Hoping your birthday is magical

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm not sure how I missed this thread when it was created! Great interview. Totally agree with you on a railroad system and boat system for 3.0!

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby semerien » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:32 am

I think it was only released today Josh, on the magical birthday. Great interview MTM!

My son loves Thomas the Train so if I could build a working railroad in the game, I would probably be his super hero ;)

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity interviews