My custom Disney infinity Shelf W/ built in organizer

each forum member is allowed ONE topic to share their Disney Infinity customs that they have created

My custom Disney infinity Shelf W/ built in organizer

Postby dmtgamepack » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 pm

This shelf is actually 2 separate shelves wall mounted one on top of the other but can be easily moved and separated. Each shelf is painted white to really show off each figure and make it stand out. I have grouped together each figure with their respective playset. I have also partitioned each figure spot on the shelf with small square dowel rod. I have grouped each figure as close together as possible to save on space.

Each figure has its own visual label printed on card stock and glued to the shelf. The 1.0 shelf has the figures head shot on the left of the label with its name printed in the center. I also put a color coded outline border around each label to correspond with its respective playset. Example all Incredibles have a red border and all monsters have green etc.
The 2.0 shelf is slightly bigger due to the figures being bigger and the 2.0 figures have a larger skirting on the bottom of some figures. The 2.0 lables have the figures head shot on the left and its name printed in the center also each figure has its respective play set logo to the right of the label.

The main purpose of this design was to make it easy for young players to put up their figures after game play and still keep them organized. Also this gives you a nice visual of how far along your collection is and how many more you have to go to complete your collection. Its very rewarding to park a figure in its proper empty spot thats been waiting to be filled. Makes it easy to manage collection. Also shelf provides a nice display of all the figures to look and admire the art of each piece.

Yes I smuged some lables and my wood working isnt perfect but over all im happy with how it turned out. I made the labels on MS paint and can post if others want to use and print.

First post new here

rank_0
dmtgamepack
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: My custom Disney infinity Shelf W/ built in organizer

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Awesome. You will have to make the picture smaller so we can see the whole thing! 550 px width max or Sherrif woody will take it down. ;)

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Picture isn't loading for me

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dmtgamepack » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Ok thanks fixed the picture size thanks will add smaller close up shots latter that meet 550x550 thanks

rank_0
dmtgamepack

Postby Infinityfan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Wow! That looks really good! :D

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Looks like what I pictured in my head for mine except mine will have a back on it painted different colours for different characters (ie red background for the incredibles figures and blue/purple for monsters etc). And my play set pieces will be all together (as I don't know which series I'd put the original play set piece beside)

Great work BTW :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dmtgamepack » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:38 pm

I might put a back on mine to but will keep it all white to make figures stand out more...thanks for tips and input .

rank_0
dmtgamepack

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:16 pm

Hope you don't think I was critisizing I was only saying what I'd be doing :). Also might try led lights, still not sure

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Thats wicked!!!! I need one! Love all the labels with each of the characters faces!
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity customs