BionicKoalaBoy's BASH AT CUSTOM FIGURES

each forum member is allowed ONE topic to share their Disney Infinity customs that they have created

Re: BionicKoalaBoy's BASH AT CUSTOM FIGURES

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:04 pm

WINTER SOLDIER costume change and pose alteration for CAPTAIN AMERICA -

The shield isn't permanently attached yet, as i'm still thinking as to what looks best. It makes him a bit wide if it's in his outstretched hand. Also I recoloured the shield as there are several winter soldier action figures that have dropped the red in their scheme too, and i thought it looked quite cool.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID: BionicKoalaBoy
Disney ID: BionicKoalaBoy

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:05 am

Still working on the figure, but this is my custom base for my LEIA 'BOUSHH DISGUISE' costume disc. It's supposed to represent the floor of Jabba's palace, the Rancor trap door, or even the Sail barge.

'Green-stuff' sculpt prior to painting -

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:28 pm

This is my latest custom. I chose Anakin Skywalker because he was a common and cheap figure. The tricky bit was what costume?! After a search I found this. It's his snow gear from an episode of the CLONE WARS, where he and Obi-Wan visit a Hoth-like snow planet called ORTO PLUTONIA. One of the series animators says the costume is based on Han's Hoth costume from ESB.

There's info and it's watchable here: http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone- ... sode-guide

The sculpt itself was my biggest undertaking yet: Moving every limb, removing and adjusting his head, adding to and rotating the base. Taking the sabre out of 2 hands and into 1. And of course sculpting his actual new clothes. It was fun though, and a complete transformation.

I wanted to keep the pose not aggressive, as in the episode they don't draw their sabres and are present to negotiate a peace treaty, not fight. I thought he may be using it like a torch/flashlight in a blizzard. The way I twisted the base and lifted his right foot, means it looks like he's stepping up an incline.

Final thing I did was remove his facial scar, as at this point he hasn't received it. ( this appears later in Revenge of the Sith, and had been given to him by Asajj Ventress in a comic book side story.)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity customs