Storefront

reference guides detailing the actions, parameters and properties of Disney Infinity creativi-toys
when posting please show examples of how each is used and how they are linked. more than just a description of the toy is needed. ideally show a video.

Storefront

Postby jkhouw1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:39 am

Storefront

Description The Storefront is part of the "economy" toys of DI. Its implementation leads to a lot of confusion as it is NOT how a store really works.
Important Points:
* Inventory is SHARED across players (at least players on the same console, i've never played across multiple platforms with others)
* Currency is SHARED across players (at least players on the same console, i've never played across multiple platforms with others)
* It costs a player money (The set cost of an item) a ONE TIME fee to have it AVAILABLE in their Editor Ribbon IF it was not added via the Inventory Manager.
* The player can get money back by removing it from their Editor Ribbon
* The Storefront is ONLY available to the host (Player 1)
* The Storefront is NOT used to purchase and sell items, but only to have items available to place in the toybox.
* The storefront must be ACTIVE for any of the currency deductions to occur (costing per inventory item)
* The Money Manager tool must also be ACTIVE for the prices to have any effect. If the Money Manager is not active, players will be able to place an unlimited number of toys regardless of cost.

So a simple example before we get started:
You use the Inventory Manager to set their Initial Inventory to 10 Mines
You use the Storefront To have the Asgardian Spread Turret available to players for 10 currency
You use something to trigger the Storefront to open for the HOST, and (s)he can add the Spread Turret to the items available for placement.

When the host adds the turret to the inventory - they are NOT setting how many turrets they buy, they are simply paying 10 currency for the RIGHT to place them. then every time ANY player places one, an additional 10 currency will be deducted from the communal pot until they have no currency remaining.

Properties - None

Copy Items from Inventory Manager
this quickly copies the items you may have set in the inventory manager tool so you can manage the items cost via the Storefront.
Manage Items for Sale
if you used the above, this will already be populated with some items. You can Add or remove additional items players can place by adding them here.
Manage Items for Sale:Select an Item:Item Cost - This is how much it will cost a player to ADD it to their Editor Ribbon as a ONE TIME fee if they don't already have it available. Additionally, this cost is how much it will cost the player every time they place that type of object in the toybox.

Inputs
Activate - activates the Storefront. This essentially turns on the "Economy"
Deactivate - deactivates the Storefront, turning off the economy.
Open Shopping Menu for Host - Opens the menu where the HOST can add or remove items from the Editor menu at the assigned cost.
Open Item Management Menu - Opens the menu where the cost per item can be adjusted. This is only available to the HOST and should have been titled "Open Item Management Menu for Host". Similar functionality to the Manage Items for Sale:Select an Item:Item Cost setup option except the HOST cannot adjust what is available in the storefront, only the cost. And they can only do so if you open this menu from a trigger.

Outputs
Shopping Menu Closed - Fires an event when the HOST closes the shopping menu
Insufficient Funds Detected - Fires an event when a player attempts to perform an action that costs more currency than they have remaining
Activated - Fires an event when the Storefront is activated
Deactivated - Fires an event when the Storefront is deactivated
Item Management Menu Closed - Fires an event when the Item Management Menu is closed

Example
You want to give the player the ability to place up to 10 Mines. For simplicity, this example will not place additional currency or give them any starting items, but if you combine it with loot drops, or modify the properties of the Money Manager and/or Inventory Manager you could change this. (Watch the videos for additional examples)

Place two Buttons, Inventory Manager, Money Manager, and Storefront
One Button (Button(1)) will be used to activate the Economy toys - normally you would use a level starter or trigger area
One Button (Button(2)) will be used to open the Storefront to allow the HOST (Player 1) to make the mines available for placement
The Inventory Manager must be activated so when the Editor Ribbon is brought up by the player, it is limited to the configured toys (in this case the mines)
The Money Manager must be activated so when the player places mines, the money pool is decremented until (s)he reaches 0 money remaining and can't place anymore mines
I'm not sure if the Storefront NEEDS to be activated - I alway do, but have done limited testing without activating it and it doesn't appear to make any difference

Money Manager:Properties:Starting Amount == 110 (110 so the player has 10 to make the mine available in the ribbon, and the remaining 100 can be used to place 10 mines if you leave the default price per mine at 10)

Storefront:Manage Items For Sale == Add the Mine toy. It will default to a price of 10.

Button (1):pressed => Money Manager: Activate
Button (1):pressed => Storefront:Activate
Button (1):pressed => Inventory Manager:Activate

Button (2):Pressed => Storefront:Open Shopping Menu for Host

Now when Button 1 is pressed it initializes the economy.
when button 2 is pressed, (and it must be pressed by player 1/HOST) it will will present the Choose Items screen to them. If the toy is shown in the upper window, it will be available in the Editor Ribbon. If it is NOT in the upper window, it will NOT be available to them. When the player selects it to put it in the upper window, the currency pool will be decremented by the 10 units.
When they bring up the Editor Ribbon, they will only see the Mine toy - they will not be able to place any other items. Every time they place a mine, the currency pool will be decremented by 10 units until they exhaust the currency, at which point they will not be able to place any additional mines.

some videos (not mine)
YouTube Family Gamester
YouTube Jose.Abalos Disney Infinity

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Storefront

Postby jkhouw1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:00 am

Editorial comments:
Basically, the "Economy" is a cross between communism and capitalism which is why its so limited for actual gameplay. Add to this the confusion with a one-time stocking fee plus the placement fee, and it is even worse.

With the shared inventory and currency, one player could use all the resources leaving the other nothing. Also, the cost for items (either stocking or placing fee) only increments in values of 10 (0 -> ??) but dropped currency only drops ONE currency item so you need a lot of dropped currency or loot boxes to replenish the money supply.

This is not how economy based games should work - and it appears this was coded by someone who either A) does not live in a capitalist society, or B) lives in the US and works for the US government with taxpayer money.

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Storefront

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:39 am

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity Creativi-Toy Guides