Friendly Wave Generator

reference guides detailing the actions, parameters and properties of Disney Infinity creativi-toys
when posting please show examples of how each is used and how they are linked. more than just a description of the toy is needed. ideally show a video.

Friendly Wave Generator

Postby semerien » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Friendly Wave Generator

Description - Create a flood of friendly toys with this toy. You can even choose how many or who they area.

Properties:
Generate at Random Locator - (on/off) If this option is turned on (and you have multiple locators attached) then the friends generated will appear at the different locators in a random pattern.
Countdown Enabled - (on/off) If on then a 3,2,1 counter will appear before the friends are generated.
Generation Delay - (0s - ???) This is the delay that will occur between the seperate entries of friends you have in your Configure Wave window.
Disable Generation Effects - (on/off) If set to on then the various friendly generation effects will be disabled.
Hold until All Generated - (on/off) If set to on, then none of the friends in your configure wave will appear until they are all ready to spawn.
Team - (None/Blue/Orange/Green/Purple) - Use this property to automatically assign all friends generated from this wave generator to a specific team.

Team Connection: - Use this to connect a your friendly wave generator to a team activator to automatically assign a team color to this generator.

Locator Connection: - Use this to connect locators where your friends will spawn. Multiple locators can be used.

Configure Wave: - In this box, select the friends or mounts you want to appear when you generate the wave and how many of each you want (1-10).

Inputs:
Generate Wave - This will start generating the waves of friends you have assigned to this generator.
Defeat Wave - This will automatically defeat all of the friends that this wave generator has created.

Outputs:
Wave Generated - This will send a trigger when all of the configured friends have been spawned.
Wave Defeated - This will send a trigger when all of the configured friends from this generator have been defeated.
Enemy Defeated - This will send a trigger when a single friend from this generator has been defeated.
First Unit Generated - This will send a trigger when first friend has been spawned from this generator.
Generator Destroyed - This will send a trigger when the generator has been destroyed (used in other wave generators).

Example:

You will need an Action Button, a Friendly Wave Generator and a Party Cannon.

Friendly Wave Generator:Configure Wave: (add any friend)
Friendly Wave Generator:First Unit Generated => Party Cannon:Fireworks
Action Button:Pressed => Friendly Wave Generator:Generate Wave

Push the button and when the first friend appears, the party cannon will fire it's fireworks.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Re: Friendly Wave Generator

Postby Vain Melody » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm using 3.0 on the XBOX ONE and I don't see 'mounts' as an option to generate. I can find critters, townspeople, etc., but I can not find mounts.

My work around has been to use a Challenge Marker and set a mount as default, but then everyone gets the same mount. I was hoping to offer a different mount to each player in a challenge. Also, if you aren't using a challenge marker at all and just want to spawn mounts, then this work around doesn't work at all.

I'm wondering if my issue is peculiar to the XBOX ONE or this is all across 3.0?

rank_0
Vain Melody
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:13 pm

It's actually not a bug. There is no way to spawn mounts from the Friendly Wave Generator. You have to use the Vehicle spawner for mounts.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vain Melody » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:55 pm

CCRunner524,

Thank you! I wonder if there is a way the entry here could be corrected so that others don't meet the same frustration I did?

rank_0
Vain Melody
XBL ID:

Postby semerien » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Sorry about that, I must have copy pasted that from the enemy generator (yes I know, I'm a horrible person). I'll double check though, usually I got the description straight from the toy itself, but you are right. A friend generator can summon some mounts, but the friend wave generator can't.

I'll fix that right now.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby Vain Melody » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Semerien,

Thanks! No need to apologize.

rank_0
Vain Melody