KtC's Movie Reviews

KtC's Movie Reviews

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:12 am

As an English student, I feel the need to practice my reviewing skills.This is my little section for all of the film reviews I post in the forums. I'll take requests via PM. Requests can include suggesting films to add (Films I have yet to see are listed as "In progress", while ones I have seen but plan to review are listed as "In writing") or vague reviews you wish for me to elaborate on. Keep in mind these are my own opinions, so I apologize if one of your favorites ends up being one of my most hated. Thank you for your support! :)

In progress:
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers

In writing:
Stuart Little 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Hop - May 9th, 2014

Hop. 9/10. It was a bit dorky at times, but overall kind of funny.

The LEGO Movie - July 9th, 2014

The LEGO Movie.
I was originaly sceptical about this film, because it is technically a 90 minute commercial, but...
Good gosh, what an amazing movie!
Without spoiling anything, I especially like how the entire movie comments on fascism. Everything from the plot, characters, and the now-famous Everything is Awesome follows this overarching theme.
Walking out of the theater, all my brother and I did was sing that sweet tune, which I still stand by as better than Let it Go. When it came out on DVD, I purchased the Everything is Awesome edition, containing the Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray 3D, and DVD versions, as well as a 3D picture of Emmet and a Young Virtuvius minifigure as a birthday present for him.

In a nutshell, 10/10, my favorite non-Disney/non-Disney-Pixar film, and my fourth favorite animated film of all time. I expect some Oscar wins for this one next year, for sure!

One day a talented lass or fellow,
A Special one with face of yellow,
Will make the Piece of Resistance found,
From its hiding refuge underground,
With a noble army at the helm,
This Master Builder will thwart the Kragle and save the realm,
And be the greatest, most interesting,
most important person of all times.
All this is true, because it rhymes.

Night at the Museum - July 21st, 2014

Night at the Museum: Not as good as I remember, far too many talking head scenes.

Stuart Little - July 24th, 2014

The 1999 classic film Stuart Little.
Rewatching made me realize just how down-to-earth this film is, and it is very well written, even by M. Night Shamaylon standards. (He wrote the screenplay. I have no idea how he didn't screw this up.) The scenes where Stuart talks to Snowbell feel genuine, and at times are pretty funny. But when
Spoiler: show
Snowbell lies to Stuart about the Little family not wanting him,

I was honestly almost in tears. This is a very good film, possibly even one of the best family films out there, which is funny considering Mr. Little was potrayed by an early Gregory House.

9/10, no real flaws apart from awkward dialogue and slight plotholes. (If the Littles had George, why would they adopt instead of having another child?)

I need to set Monty's "please?" face as my avatar. :lol:

How To Train Your Dragon 1 & 2 - January 25th, 2015

Like, legit most recent?

How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2

My first time watching these films, I feel as though this is a classic in the making. It's also getting me really into dragons and vikings.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party