The Best Friends in the World

The Best Friends in the World

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:26 am

I've never had good luck with making friends. They come, they go. They're not always what you'd want or expect in a friend.

But I have to tell you, I am simply blown away by the love and support I have gotten not once, but twice, recently from the Infinity community.

I have some social anxiety, and meeting people at the Toy Box Summit and D23 Expo made me super nervous. I was afraid that people wouldn't like me or want to be around me. But I was shocked that every single time I met someone in person that I knew online, and I told them who I was, that they're faces lit up and they were so happy to meet me. I began to realize that I had quite the reputation, which I seriously had no idea of. I was thrilled and blown away to be so warmly welcomed into this community. By the time it was time for everyone to go home, my normally shy self, whose teeth were chattering when I first said hello, was running around and insisting on hugging everyone. I was really sad to go, not just leaving Disney Parks or the Expo, but leaving my new friends.

But you know that bad times are a testament to who your real friends are. And I am so grateful to say that you are all the best friends. We're currently going through a family emergency. My Dad is on the other side of the country on a business trip, and he didn't feel well. They took him to a hospital and found out that he had a minor heart attack, and blockage, so now they're going to do surgery. Highest among my anxiety and fear is losing my parents, whom I love so much. They're my best friends and are always there for me. My mind always hits worst case scenario and just keeps on going. Not a good thing!

When I got the news and outright panic struck me, I debated wether or not to say anything. No one really likes their personal info blasted all over the Internet. But feeling in dire need of support, I reached out anyway.

I have been blown away, humbled, and grateful - so incredibly grateful - to everyone who has reached out to my family and I with love, support, and comfort. PirateSteven, CCRunner524, and Modeltrainman were right there for me within minutes, and have been holding my hand then entire time, listening to me panic (repeatedly), reminding me to have faith and hope, praying for my family, and letting me know that they were there for me.

While I initially kept this news quiet with just a few people, I decided to reach out to the broader community on Twitter (and now here) because I feel like the community is not just friends, but FAMILY. And what is the point of having friends and family if you can't lean on them in times of distress? No one here should have to be embarrassed to talk about what they're going through, whether it's stress, money, illness, whatever. It's 2015. Screw being embarrassed! Society should be so over that by now. ;)

So thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU. To everyone and anyone who has reached out to help me through this. Today alone I have alternated between moments of feeling shocked, sick to my stomach, bawling my eyes out, and completely numb. The friendship I have been so lucky to receive is one of the few threads holding me together. I've said it a hundred times before, and I'll say it thousand times more: I am so incredibly grateful, for anything and everything. The love, the friendship, the support. And not just from close friends, or acquaintances, but even total strangers who have reached out. Forever, I AM GRATEFUL.

And if there's anything anyone ever needs, please don't ever hesitate to reach out to me! I am here for all of you, just as you all have been for me.

LOVE, Amanda (28MouseEars/InfinityApprentice)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Re: The Best Friends in the World

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:32 am

God bless you, Amanda! My family has been praying a ton for you! We love you and your family!
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BenFleischman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:04 am

I agree, society needs to start accepting the fact that a person can't get through their problems alone. You know in Inside Out how they said Sadness makes you happy? Well that wasn't completely true. It's the people who you've expressed your feelings to and who have chosen to support you that make you feel better. Riley's parents couldn't help her until she spoke out. I'm so glad you weren't afraid to ask for help and that you got what you needed. I know many people who would claim you're only taking advantage of your situation to claim attention. But that's an insanely insensitive way of putting it. We all need help and anyone who thinks otherwise has not come to terms with their emotions. Best wishes, fellow Disneyholic! #TeamHappy

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:11 pm

@modeltrainman Thank you so much Nick! You're support has meant the world it our whole family.

@BenFleischman I debated whether to say something or not, but friends are not just for the good times, they're for the bad times too. I have truly been so touched by everyone's support. I can't even begin to describe what it means to me. There shouldn't be any embarrassment between friends in such a close community of saying, "Something's up. Life sucks right now and I need support." While I was crying tears of fear and anxiety yesterday, I also wanted to cry with happiness at the way the community has rallied together. :')

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:21 am

So glad that the community has been a help to you and that meeting people at the summit brought you out of your shell a bit. Just seen this info on Twitter and thinking of you and praying your dad gets through this and is well again soon :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:55 am

I will be praying for you, and this weekend I will request my leaders at church to pray for you as well.
God bless you, please stay strong and never give up. If you ever need support or just someone to talk to, give me a private message.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby InfinityApprentice » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:44 am

@ElmoSTM Thank you so much! D23/Summit had its ups and down (heat and crowds. Bleh!), but the friendships I made have just astounded me.

@Stitch Thank you for doing that Stitch. Every positive thought, prayer, and well wishes help. And thank you for letting me message you! Are you on Twitter as well?

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 am

I can relate to the crowds thing, I don't have anxiety or anything but I get annoyed in huge crowds with people pushing etc. we all have our own issues to bear and a friendly face/comment can be helpful, think positively :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:20 am

Sadly I didn't get the chance to meet you at Summit or D23, but I know of you because of the positive influence you've had on some of the other artists.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad and I hope everything gets better for your family. :)

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Next

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party