Uh.... Hi?

Uh.... Hi?

Postby cavemanviking64 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:08 pm

This was the first forum I ever joined. I went on here like every day when I was 10 and I guess I stopped using it when I stopped playing Infinity. What did I miss? Is this community still active? I feel like I've been in a ten year coma and I'm finding out about how society has progressed. Funny looking back at it now
phineas and ferb rule!!!

rank_50
cavemanviking64
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Uh.... Hi?

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Welcome to the 21st century. How old r u now Buck Rogers?

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 pm

What is there to talk about. The game is dead.

Go home young one.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:36 am

The discussions now are limited to say the least. But I'm still very active, coming to this party very late in the day ( few months before 3.0 release ).

Without new content, wish lists, predictions, figure requests, online sharing, all seems pointless. But it's all too easy to be bitter and throw in the towel after the shock of the closure. I'm soldiering on because of my love of the game. I still think its worth creating for your own entertainment. It's like Lego or off-line Minecraft. The enjoyment is in the creation, it doesn't have to all be about sharing Toy Boxes through the dedicated servers. We can still share our creations through on-line friends, Youtube videos and the plethora of media sharing that is out there. I for one have NEVER been able to get a game in Flynn's arcade anyway, and my multiplayer games have been split screen with my kids, not online.

I'm most sad about FANS ( ? ) abandoning the game in a fit of frustration, instead of enjoying gaming for gaming's sake. Who gave up on disney Infinity? Disney dropped the axe, but why end our own adventures and enjoyment simply because no new content is coming? CREATE YOUR OWN. THAT IS IN FACT THE UNDERLYING POINT BEHIND THE WHOLE GAME.

How many of us are competent Toy Box creators and can use and understand logic toys to the extent we can make mini-games? Surely there are hundreds of hours of learning, creating and sharing tricks and techniques still to be had? I enjoy following tutorials on-line. There's a lot of satisfaction from creating something yourself instead of downloading someone else's. The point is you LEARN as you build and connect toys together. - Your next Toy Box will be better, and so on.

Why did we used to type in games from magazines ourselves in the 1980s instead of simply loading it? To learn how the game worked, and for the self satisfaction.

Anyone who has left the game because there are no new official Disney playsets coming, have only been enjoying %50 of this fantastic game.

Lets milk it I say. For all it's worth.

I think it ( and the Avalanche team ) deserve it. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwId_c ... noPP2Fin_A

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:36 pm

^I completely agree. I still enjoy playing the game and building in the toybox, and I'll continue playing and building as long as I'm still having fun with it. I was never much into the figures anyway, so not getting more figures doesn't bother me at all. Playsets on the other hand I will miss.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party