Who's getting swap force?

Re: Who's getting swap force?

Postby longsh0t » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Pre-ordered the Dark Edition for Xbox 360 and the regular edition for XBox One. I'm a huge sucker for the collectible aspect of Skylanders and DI and so while I don't think I'll play Swap Force that much the OCD in me will take over and I'll pick up what figures I can. I don't think I'll be at the same level I was at with Giants where I had to have each figure as it was released. I'm hoping to take a more relaxed approach and get the figures as I find them.
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
My Collection
XBL and PSN - kuerv0h

rank_50
longsh0t
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 am

No skylanders suck my brother got the first 2 and found them really boring and he story is short! Me and him both love di way better now! :lol:

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby bobafett22 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:02 pm

I have already preordered it

rank_0
bobafett22
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Iceman72 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:37 pm

I will for a couple reasons. #1 I managed to preorder the dark starter kit. That's going to end up being expensive. I may get another reg one for my own use. #2 skylander folks pay crazy money to get stuff early. Something I don't really see in the DI community. So I want some of that money.
Iceman72

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:08 am

@longsh0t That's what I wanted to do, but over here new-wave stock is horribly low, and hardly gets restocked. There are many figures I have that I wouldn't if I didn't get them as soon as they were released. It was even worse than SA(Legendary aside). Sigh.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby GamerZack7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 am

I've preordered the Dark Edition for Wii, and I intend to get the Wii U Starter Pack at some point. I'm undecided on the 3DS version, however, as I was disappointed in the 3DS version of Giants and don't want to end up with the same problem. If it's at least as good as the 3DS version of Adventure, however, I may consider it.

rank_50
GamerZack7
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:17 am

^ I feel the same way. I'm not sure I'll even bother this time and just buy Volcanic Eruptor on eBay instead. Giants was designed decent enough to keep my attention, but the game was so buggy that it ruined any enjoyment I got from it and I only played to 100% it and level up some of the more boring characters. I've felt extreme apprehension towards Swap Force 3DS, especially since I'm already gonna get Rattle Shake in a double pack with Nitro Magna Charge and buying Free Ranger in a single and a loose Eruptor would probably cost the same as, or a bit less than, a 3DS pack. I'm bummed that they hired n-Space for Swap Force 3DS. 3DSSA felt unique from the Wii version(better than it even, IMO), but Giants was not only boring to me, but played too similar to the home version.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby GamerZack7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:09 am

^That's exactly what I thought about Giants 3DS. It tried to imitate the console version but didn't pull it off. If VV was at the helm instead I'm sure it would have been amazing, but they were assigned to make Swap Force and the apparently-leaked fifth Skylanders game.

On another note, I plan to get the Legendary Triple Pack and Swap Force Double Pack as a counterpart to my Darklanders.

rank_50
GamerZack7
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Agent C » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:03 am

I think I will order the Wii U Dark Edition. I have enjoyed the previous games,but like most have said, I was surprised that Giants was so short. They really do not have a whole lot of replay value unless you would like to grind it out again. They are going to have to step it up this time around. So far, I've heard Swap Force is twelve chapters then you have character specific missions to go along with a couple of adventure and battle packs. They are bringing out a lot of new figures. This is beginning to look like a money grab from them. I hear their developers talk, and they do not bring the same enthusiasm that you might hear from a developer of another Games with Toys title.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party