Opinion On Popular Music!

Re: Opinion On Popular Music!

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:19 pm

I personally like classic music better than current new music. The only current new music I really like is dubstep.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535
Main Console: PS3

Postby altiareagle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I always joke about dubstep being classical music performed like this:
:D :lol:
In all seriousness i listen to it. :D
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.

Postby Daan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:15 pm

When my friend let me hear dubstep for the first time he said. It just when you put all the machines in the kitchen and bathroom on place them together, place a beat under it and then say the same sentence and repeat that a lot. Then i listened to it and he was quite close :D

rank_250
Daan
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:39 pm

I'll just leave this here.

It's [profmembrane]REAL SCIENCE![/profmembrane]

Really, though, I'm not an elitist or anything, but I hear more and more music that doesn't even have any tune in it these days.
There are still great niche bands(though I don't follow music, I heard about a few), but I haven't seen any great, popular ones. The ones that do get popular seem to be doing it for the fame or eventually devolve into generic mediocrity like the rest. I can't think of a popular band mentioned by someone else at my school that I listened to and liked. In fact, the last "hit song" I liked was probably Gangnam Style, and even that one I only really enjoyed once I stopped seeing it spammed everywhere annoyingly(I'm not really a hipster about it, there's just a point where seeing the song plasted onto everything everywhere makes it feel dumb. I still remember the "[thing] Style" craze). :|
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby altiareagle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:40 am

I actually didn't enjoy gangnam style that much. (i didn't 'hate it')
if i don't understand it i can't really enjoy it. Thats why i shrug off the hype of k-pop. The people listening don't understand it either unless they actually took the language. Its all just a mix up, how do you know he's not saying nonsense?
Speaking of music that has died within a year, harlem shake was telligible but annoying. I loved seeing some of my favorite stars doing a compilation though. :D
Kinda tired.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.

Postby Hey37Bulldog » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Lets just be clear, the Disney we all know and love, make movies, so called 'artists' such as miley cyrus etc. come from Disney channel. Big difference, and before you mention shows like lilo and stitch, even stevens etc, they were broadcast on other stations originally so really just blame Disney channel.
"After all, I am You Biggest Fan..."

rank_250
Hey37Bulldog
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby altiareagle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 pm

*slow clap.*
I couldn't even mention those shows in any context; I loved them so much.
I believe what you said about disney channel big time. That's where one of the artists I focused on originated from.
Kinda tired.

rank_1500
altiareagle

Previous

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party