Should I consider getting swap force?

Should I consider getting swap force?

Postby D-infinity13 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:59 am

Truly, I'm so conflicted! Swap force looks really fun, but I'm pretty sure I'll get bored of it soon. To be true, I just really want to play as Bash Buckler (swash buckler and that robot dude combined together) and Magna Charge. But I want the 3ds version, and it doesn't come with Bash Buckler, but I think I could somehow trade or buy one. What do you guys think?
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Should I consider getting swap force?

Postby Woody7850 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:32 pm

It's Blast Buckler.
I can't give you a defininite answer (I'm getting it Friday) but I'd at least try it out, in your case, since you're not familiar with the franchise and you only want to try out two characters when there are 100+.
Reach for the Sky! -Woody

rank_250
Woody7850
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby jdbloom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:06 pm

I would say up to you. I find it fun, but I also like collecting some of the figures. I am getting the PS4 version. I already have some of the characters.

rank_250
jdbloom
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

It's up to you. Swap Force looks like another fun game from Skylanders. If you like those two figures, go ahead and buy it but the decision is up to you.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby INFINITY DAD » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 pm

i pre ordered the starter pack and bought a bunch of figures/varients BUT like infinity its for christmas so i cant tell you how gameplay is.
Woody / Toy Story Playset
Jack Skellington

rank_50
INFINITY DAD
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Jazz820 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 am

I'm getting it in a half hour

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:09 pm

There is no major reason to get the 3DS version over the console version unless portability is a deciding factor(which is a weird way to pick...).

The 3DS version is best as a companion product. It's very simple, and it has many annoying issues. The home console version is sort of the same in a way, but it's larger, it's got more content, it's more interesting, it's got a better story- everything about the console version is better made besides the fact that you can't carry it in your pocket. It's just more fun.

It's clear that the 3DS version isn't a crumb as good as the console version and was made only so you can carry your collection around and occasionally level them, and it's not really a fantastic game. Wait for a sale to pick it up. If you want the game, and you need to choose between versions, get the console version. I mean, they're the same price, so you're essentially just paying for less content if you choose the 3DS version... I know I sound really biased, but it's not great and it's not something I would recommend, and I have my reasons...

Anyway, would I recommend the console version? If you're already a Skylanders fan, truly, yes. It'll be fun going through and seeing how they've tweaked your old Skylanders, so that's a reason to replay them. And it's cool having it just for some of the really good new characters(Bumble Blast! Slobber Tooth! :D). You will get bored of it, though that's just something that happens if you play anything enough. Sorry I can't post more detail, I'm just incredibly tired.

If you haven't played the series before, start at the beginning with SA. It's really cheap by now and it gives you a bit more detail on some of the backstory and inside jokes in the game(it's not nessicary to understand the plot, but there are a few times that parts of it are referenced in the next two games). Unless you find it for cheap I would recommend just skipping Giants, it's not awful by any means, but by far the worst of the three and it's pretty dragged on. It's kinda like a filler.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:20 pm

@woddy
Yeah, I meant blast, typo. Anywho, after thinking about it I might just collect a few figure as collectibles, and maybe get the game in the future.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby infinityadvanced » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:18 pm

^good for you :)

rank_250
infinityadvanced

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party