Anyone know where to buy Lego online?

Anyone know where to buy Lego online?

Postby buckmana » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:54 am

A unusual question, but since my first several attempts failed hard, I'm asking here in case someone knows something I don't.

When I mentioned offhand that I was interested in replacing one of my older lego figures I'd lost some time ago, I was given a link to a site that would sell me a replacement.

But because they wouldn't take credit card payment, it wasn't possible to use that site.

My next attempt was with Amazon, but every time I tried, they refused to ship it to me.
Why does every online retailer hate Australians? :cry:

What I need is a reliable online seller who will take credit card payments and ship to Australia.
Preferably one specializing in older lego rather then the newer stuff out right now.

Also, I'm not interested in expensive collector item sales, because that will come with a hefty price tag.
I don't mind paying a bit extra, but 50$ for a lego figure is a bit much, even if it's a rare one.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: Anyone know where to buy Lego online?

Postby bloxxerman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Ebay.com.au
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Musicboy74 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:58 pm

You can try http://www.bricklink.com/index.asp but I'm not 100% sure they'll ship to Australia.
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby buckmana » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:30 pm

I don't trust ebay.

Bricklink was the one who refused to take the credit card payment, so they're out of consideration.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby bloxxerman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Ebay is perfectly trustworthy, I've bought tons of things from them! Lego, power discs, you name it! In the very rare instance a seller doesn't send you the item, you will get a full refund from ebay.
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Is there any Old Lego figures they're remaking for The Lego Movie Sets that I should be aware of?
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby buckmana » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Not that I know of.

And since you're bringing it up, the Lego movie is actually the reason I'm trying to find a replacement for my missing figure, since you see it in the scene with all the master builders assembling.

You'd think that if they're bringing all the old figures back into the spotlight, they'd release them again because people would want to buy them.

Isn't eBay just an Amazon clone?
And witness how well that worked for me.

I'd probably sign up and then discover when I try to buy said item, no shipping to australia.

Also, I've heard very negative things about bidding, if someone offers to pay more, you don't get what you wanted to buy.
I don't know how that works from personal experience though.

But I only offer to pay for something if I'm guaranteed the sale for a reasonable price, otherwise, they lose my custom.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby thomasmartins » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:44 pm

A good source for LEGO minifigs and sets is http://www.minifigbay.com although I would suggest you read this year’s Brick Report http://thebrickreport.wordpress.com/ for a list and review of different online shops.

If you are looking for old Disney LEGO, MinifigBay have some from the Cars, Toy Story and Lone Ranger themes.

You could also try the official site or as suggested Amazon however I personally found these hit and miss for good value.
thomasmartins

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Some of the older figures can't be made because they no longer have the molds. The 80's spaceman helmet is one of them. They changed it a bit for the new figure they are releasing.
Also watch out for sites that sell custom minifigures. They are great if that's what you're looking for.

rank_250
crazybirdman

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party