What Movie did you last watch?

Re: What Movie did you last watch?

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Maleficent! It's so amazing, the starts a bit slow but it's a good ending.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Brooksy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:31 pm

The Lone Ranger :D i'm sorry but it's knocked the crown off frozen tbh

rank_50
Brooksy
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CueLannoo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm at the movies right now about to watch Malificent
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:26 am

I re-watched Wreck-It Ralph again after reading some of TV Tropes' WIR pages(hence the avatar and signature change).

I tried to write about Frozen to explain how I felt after watching it, but I think I can sum it up in one sentence.

Frozen is the opposite of Wreck-It Ralph to me in that I have no urge to rewatch it and the harder I think about it, the less I like it. :lol:

If you actually want more detail on my opinion of the film, sorry, but I'm just tired of thinking about this movie. Just go watch this. While I don't agree with all of it, it's easily the best analysis of the film I've seen and does explain a lot of the issues I had with it. I thought Frozen was enjoyable- it had charm in some fairly catchy songs and more often funny than flat humour- although I didn't grow an attachment to this movie and it felt too messy and rushed to me.

I really hope Big Hero 6 turns out better.

Tangled is up next, though I don't know when I'll watch it.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby bloxxerman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 am

Last film I saw at the cinema was Edge of Tomorrow.

But yesterday I was incredibly incredibly bored so we watched the first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean films and The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Such good films! Really hope Dead Men Tell No Tales is better than the tragic On Stranger Tides.
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby candyle73 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Can't believe it's not on here yet...

The LEGO Movie!!

Obviously it was completely awesome :]
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Yesterday morning, Big Top Scooby-Doo was on TV. I watched a few of the older Scooby-Doo episodes once and I thought they were nice, but I remember watching some of the more recent Scooby Doo episodes from 2007-ish (I think I watched the one with the robot butler) and I hated them! I was bored, though, so I decided to see what the consensus for the movie was... And people thought it was actually good, despite the fact that it was a direct-to-DVD release.

So I watched it and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was genuine enjoyment, not SBIG enjoyment, too. I wasn't paying full attention to the film, but while some parts seemed rough, I thought it was fun to watch and fairly well-made, overall. You don't need to rush out to buy it, but if you happen to find it for cheap or you do want to see it, I think it's definitely worth a watch.

I hear this has a similar charm to old Scooby-Doo episodes, so maybe if you like those, you'll enjoy this. However, I haven't watched those for a long time and don't remember them well, so I don't know if that's accurate. Did have some goofy charm, though.

Edit: How To Train Your Dragon and How To Train Your Dragon 2

I love these films... 'cause I'm a dragon lover. And they're genuinely good. Way too tired to try thinking about them critically, but I must gush about how much I love these films... They're so beautiful and cool! <3

HTTYD2 deserves more attention. Please go watch it. It's sad and funny and cool just like the original. The only thing about the film which really, really bothered me is (mild ending spoilers?) the part near the end of the film where Toothless pulls out a Deus Ex Machina. (End ending spoilers.) Also, the pace seemed somewhat rushed.
Other than that, seeing the dragons and the new worlds and everything that's changed was beautiful.
I'm just really glad that they moved the story forward but didn't toss aside the old characters we had/not give something new and interesting to Berk; dunno why, I just really like the concept of dragon racing and I loved seeing what dragons characters like Stoic got and in general how the place changed. I was looking forward to seeing Toothless' mum as well, which delivered, plenty of feels. I was worried that HTTYD2 would take its romance too seriously, but it didn't at all. It makes fun of a lot of it and the parts it took seriously didn't bother me at all, since they made sense and didn't get in the way of anything. I can't really go in-depth about what else I liked without entering spoiler territory, but I'm honestly too tired to think about that, too...

HTTYD, HTTYD 2 spoilers
Though one other thing did notably bug me. If the dragons all bow down to their Alpha, well... Let's assume that Red Death (the giant dragon from the nest) in the first movie is an Alpha... Wouldn't he be able to control Toothless? It seems to require some focus on the part of Alphas to control other dragons and maybe Red Death just didn't know how, though this does bother me now :V Maybe Red Death just isn't an Alpha, but look at how big that thing is... It'd be really strange if it wasn't the Alpha of its nest...

In comparison to WIR...
I just felt like bringing this up. I don't love HTTYD as much as I love WIR. However, I don't love any film as much as WIR, which is the perfect movie for me- it's about video games, chocked full of details I love to look for and think about when I re-watch it, I have a personal attachment to it and I generally find it really clever and heartwearming... If I set that as my standard for movie quality, I would never enjoy any other movie.
However, it's rare that I enjoy any movies as much as I enjoyed the HTTYD films and my love for WIR doesn't discount my love for HTTYD/2. I'm just glad to see another movie I really got into again. I don't watch movies often and I've been waiting for a new film I was interested in seeing to knock my socks off. Just to get hyped for a new movie again and have it deliver. Man, HTTYD/2 did it, totally worth waiting. I'd love to watch them again soon. Eagerly awaiting the third film.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:17 am

Shaun of the Dead - Re-watch probably the 5th time, saw this at the cinema on release, still as good now if not better, best of the trilogy for me.

Hot Fuzz - Have a soft spot for this one as I watched the filming (was made in Wells,UK just down the road from me) and Timothy Dalton's villain is superb.

The World's End - First time watching, at the moment it's probably my second fav of the 3, but will need to rewatch in a couple of years to see, hope they make a forth now, especially with Edgar Wright no longer directing Ant Man.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:34 pm

The LEGO Movie.
I was originaly sceptical about this film, because it is technically a 90 minute commercial, but...
Good gosh, what an amazing movie!
Without spoiling anything, I especially like how the entire movie comments on fascism. Everything from the plot, characters, and the now-famous Everything is Awesome follows this overarching theme.
Walking out of the theater, all my brother and I did was sing that sweet tune, which I still stand by as better than Let it Go. When it came out on DVD, I purchased the Everything is Awesome edition, containing the Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray 3D, and DVD versions, as well as a 3D picture of Emmet and a Young Virtuvius minifigure as a birthday present for him.

In a nutshell, 10/10, my favorite non-Disney/non-Disney-Pixar film, and my fourth favorite animated film of all time. I expect some Oscar wins for this one next year, for sure!

One day a talented lass or fellow,
A Special one with face of yellow,
Will make the Piece of Resistance found,
From its hiding refuge underground,
With a noble army at the helm,
This Master Builder will thwart the Kragle and save the realm,
And be the greatest, most interesting,
most important person of all times.
All this is true, because it rhymes.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist