What Movie did you last watch?

Re: What Movie did you last watch?

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:30 am

Independence Day Resurgence... I love sci-fi but don't bother.

Just too much going on and characters you don't care about.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby mr jenzie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:56 pm

FINALLY watched mad max fury road

excellent and sublime

rank_50
mr jenzie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:58 pm

The new JUNGLE BOOK. Excellent.

MASSIVE 'Kong' king Louis steals the show, but the animation is faultless and beautiful. I was worried the boy playing Mowgli would be pretentious, but he nails it, and a big pat on the back for doing so well with cgi players to act against! Highly recommended to all.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tilarta » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:57 am

I'm starting to be concerned that the X-Men movies are being used to exploit a legal loophole to keep the movie rights indefinitely.
According to the contract, they will lose the movie rights unless a movie is produced in a certain timeframe.
So they just keep making one, so they can keep the rights all to themselves.
This is making X-Men fans (I am one) rather irate, since it has effect outside the movie industry.
Basically, it's hard to promote or include X-Men in anything because of the legal malarkey invoked by the company who owns the current movie rights.
There wasn't any X-Men content in Disney Infinity and that probably cost the game big in fanbase interest/figure/playset sales.

Also, the last two X-Men movies had flaws.
Given how careless they are being about canon in those movies (probably because they don't care!), the slightest inconsistency and I will refuse to see the movie.
Deadpool had a dead character (Teenage Negasonic Warhead) be alive.
Apocalypse had Psylocke use her psychic blades to slice through a car. She can't do that, her psychic weapons only work on organic lifeforms with central nervous systems.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:34 am

DISNEY's Brother Bear ( 2003 )

Never got round to watching this one before, just remember catching snippets of it while my kids ( toddlers then ) watched it on DVD/VHS. It came out just before 'Home on the range', and both were sandwiched in-between FINDING NEMO, and THE INCREDIBLES. It pales in comparison to those 2, and it didn't do that well at the box office, getting OK reviews and being described as generic and 'safe'.

- I enjoyed it though, and happily sat with my 9 and 13 year old 'til the end credits rolled. The story on the surface appears light hearted and has many humorous moments and characters, but it involves a parent being killed, brothers dying dramatically ( one of the 3 central human brothers, loses both his brothers on the same day in different incidents! ). This all happens within minutes of the film opening. It's quite dark, and when the central character has to explain to another that idolises him, that he 'murdered' his mother, it's quite upsetting. Kids hopefully won't read too much into it, as the next 'fluffy or funny sequence is often just round the corner. But I don't think we'll be re-watching it again soon, it was entertaining, but it's not become a Disney favourite.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:59 am

NOW YOU SEE ME ( 2013 ) -

Watched it as the sequel is now floating about on the web. Really clever and thoroughly enjoyed it - I'd call it Ocean's 11 with magicians.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:59 am

NOW YOU SEE ME 2 - Very good ( Daniel Radcliffe ( harry potter ) as the baddie! )
SECRET LIFE OF PETS - Pretty good. Kids really loved it. Fantastic sausage factory scene :)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:39 pm

agree with you on now you see me (first one) great and reminds me of oceans as well. However I did enjoy the second on but it wasn't a patch on the first one in my eyes.

Loved secret life of pets, very funny (although I was also sleep deprived that day so made it funnier lol)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:46 am

iMom ( and more )

If like me you're a SCI-FI fan and are getting more and more fed up of SCI-FI movies being more overblown and soul-less. Such as INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE, GODS OF EGYPT, TRANSFORMERS and so on, and on ). Try the site link below:

It's a handful of great little sci-fi 'shorts'. Each no longer than 20 minutes each, but great little ideas. Best of all is if you don't enjoy them you've only spent a few minutes with it, instead of wasting 2 hours of your life.

NOTE: Don't read the comments below the movie list, as there are some TOTAL SPOILERS in there. Enjoy :D

http://imgur.com/gallery/UNd7U

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party