OCD, ADHD etc.

OCD, ADHD etc.

Postby bloxxerman » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Hey guys!

I've had OCD my entire life. I haven't got it as bad as a lot of people, but it is there enough to annoy me a lot in places!

However, recently I've developed ADHD, and it's starting to affect me bad. I can't concentrate on one thing for more than ten minutes at a time now, not even things I enjoy. Even if I'm talking with someone, my mind just runs away and then I realise I don't even remember what I've been saying. It's been affecting school as well obviously, but it sucks so bad!!!!

I've not been a good sleeper as well, so obviously this hasn't helped, as I'm too busy thinking about opening up mug shops, or what Phoenix Wright uses to do his hair, or how many pictures of SpongeBob there are on my duvet (I'm so mature!)

I wanted to know if anyone else on the forums has OCD, ADHD, or anything like them? :)
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: OCD, ADHD etc.

Postby PixarToonie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:38 pm

I've had OCD for quite a while now, and I've learned to live with it. I get so furious when everything on my desk is messed up so I have to immediately tidy it up. But when I start to settle down, I then want to stretch my legs forward underneath the desk and always feel a box or something underneath. Just a box can become my worst enemy. I get so frustrated with anything that is untidy and I also hate having dust on desk so I usually dust a few times a week. I do not suffer from ADHD, but I know a lot of people who do have it. All my life I've suffered with a heart problem, and when i was very small I had meningitis. Although it went away, it had never left me. Sometimes getting out of my bed is impossible. Doing PE was always a struggle. I used to be the fastest runner in my year, but then it went down hill. But I got over that, the after effects of my past illnesses are coming into effect. There's nothing I can do to change it. I won't die. But I'll struggle. It's nice to know someone else on the forums is kinda like me :D
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Rapunzel. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:40 pm

I have severe OCD....I take medication everyday. 40 minute showers...and sometimes my hands bleed from washing them. My mind makes up strange things....like I cant play the Wii U until after I shower, or I can't sit on the coach until after I shower. It is certainly getting better though. Not fun at all...... :|
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

Postby PixarToonie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm really sorry about that. Thankfully mine is not that bad. I think the forums have made me see what I need to live for. You always seem like a very nice person, it must of been quite hard to share that with us. Thanks.

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby bloxxerman » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks guys! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. :)

I hope you both do okay too. :)

Lotso
bloxxerman
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:42 pm

"You Never Leave a Toy Behind!"
:D

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby Stitch » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 pm

I have never been tested for it, but my mom and brother both have ADHD.
I don't think I have it as badly as my brother, but I cannot sit still at all. I have to tap a pencil or foot or something.
It annoys the heck out of my mom lol.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby bloxxerman » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Yeah, that really irritates Con and Tom as well. We're sitting watching TV, and my leg is just shaking, or I'm clicking a pen, or just doing something annoying. I've accidentally kicked one of our dogs once as well!!! I felt really bad but luckily he forgave me once I have him some treats :D

Lotso
bloxxerman
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chewbacca » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:56 pm

I used to get panic attacks alot. I only get one every couple of months now.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Next

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party