OCD, ADHD etc.

Re: OCD, ADHD etc.

Postby Stitch » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:47 am

^
I can relate. I have Anxiety but luckily it is beginning to fade.
It usually starts around the middle of school, crunching in study time for Exams for six classes.
Doesn't help they are all AP :oops:
Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end when I graduate...

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby bloxxerman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:51 am

@Stitch Hang in there, buddy! We're all rooting for ya! :) :) :)
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:22 am

This topic speaks volumes !! It is really touching that the community is opening up their personal life and sharing it with each other.

I was diagnosed with A.D.D. when I was around 10-11 years old.
During my middle school life my teachers insisted that I take medicine and that I be in special classes. The teachers repeatedly suggested I take medication because my A.D.D. was the reason I was not doing as well as the other students. I was eventually put into Special Ed by mid 7th grade. The problem wasn't being in Special classes the problem was/is that the school system in the USA doesn't take the time to find out why certain students aren't doing as well as others. If a student isn't doing as well as the other students most teachers will automatically assume it's because they are less intelligent or they have a "problem" and won't waste their time on them...That in my opinion is terrible.
By the time I was in high school I didn't even try at all. I was still in Special Ed. All I did was sit in the same room with same teacher and draw. He didn't care that I didn't do work and he just enabled me to do whatever I wanted. I pretty much drew in class every day for 3 years until I eventually got kicked out of my high school because I wasn't living in the district. The US school system would label someone like me as an unintelligent, loser and a drop out. The best part about that is that I can say I am doing a whole lot better than majority of the people I went to school with. ;) ;)

All I am trying to say is that you shouldn't let a teacher, school or a letter on a piece of paper define how intelligent you are. Make that decision on your own.

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:41 pm

@Bloxxerman
Thanks man, that means a lot to me!

@Mr. Skeleton

That is wrong on so many levels. Teachers have no right to tell someone whether or not they need medication. They are not doctors and have not seen through the eyes you see.
I have dealt with being labeled, I am sure everyone has. Labels don't matter, the only one that does is what you label yourself. So glad to hear you are doing good man!
Stay strong in there, we believe in you!!!

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:30 am

@Stitch don't worry about me at all man. I have a good career, I am surrounded by people I care about and I make a good living doing what I love so I have ZERO complaints !! I am just trying to send some positivity towards any of the community members who may need it :)
As for your classes & anxiety just know that all of your hard times & hard work will pay off that's for sure!!

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 am

@Mr. Skeleton Thanks for letting us know. I never really thought I would find people with the same problems with me on here.
I also forgot to mention I have anxiety too, but not as bad as most people. I also get panic attacks if something is not right around me. And I am not afraid to say waht's on my mind, that's my biggest problem :P But I cope with everything fine thankfully. And I am thankful that it is getting better.
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby PolyphonicBoy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:14 am

I was actually going to create a similar thread. I suspected many Infinity fans might be autistic with the whole obsessive collecting thing.

While i haven't been officially diagnosed, I'm pretty sure I am on the autistic spectrum. I get obsessed with collecting things (at the moment its Infinity!) and I find social interaction difficult.

It doesn't impact my life too much though, thankfully, so I've never had to talk to a doctor about it. I just figure its part of my personality, and I wouldn't want to change anything that makes me me.

rank_0
PolyphonicBoy
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:31 am

For some reason I always feel the need to shake my leg, even when I'm trying to sleep! My Mom has this as well.

I was born at 7 months, and I have had this illness (can't recall it's name) that I feel the need to suck up air thru my nose.
I can be pretty annoying for those around me, but it has significantly improved for the last few years.

and in my opinion, smartness should not be mentioned at all. no one is smarter than anybody else, it just depends on their interests. I personally love learning, and it often bores me to re-learn stuff at school.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Irockz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I suffer from ADD. It mainly kicks in when I try to watch a long youtube video or read a book, though things like video games are unaffected.

rank_0
Irockz
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party