Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby TOlofter » Sat May 09, 2015 11:15 pm

I can't believe some of the stuff I am reading. Seriously?

Why should fans of Tinkerbell, Hiro or Movie Maleficent be able to get more out of their character and gameplay than fans of Barbossa, Rapunzel or Buzz Lightyear? That isn't fair.

How can anyone actually think upgrading 1.0 characters would actually take away figures? The 1.0 figures are already done. All they have to do is add a couple more special attacks to each character. We are not asking for the 1.0 figures to be remade in plastic form. This is not a tiny little company here with a tiny little budget.

Do you honestly think come 4.0, that they are going to release a new game and promote it with no new figures because we wanted the 1.0 characters upgraded? Unique powers they should have had from the very beginning. :roll:

Heck, I hate to say it but I would even PAY for DLC that upgraded 1.0 characters. Sure it's somewhat of a slap in the face but it would make all the 1.0 characters feel like BRAND NEW characters. The only players I can see being against this are those that hated every single 1.0 character. But even then, how would it affect them?

Whats so irritating is the constant run around regarding this issue. During 2.0 they said it would be addressed and here we go with the same answer again.

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat May 09, 2015 11:24 pm

i am going to work on the basis that as Matthew Solie aka @Deltsoulman Producer at Disney Interactive working on Disney Infinity has just retweeted my tweet linking to this topic, this is a subject of consideration.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sat May 09, 2015 11:39 pm

I also think a topic of consideration is a good ol lock of this topic. I can't stand making something were people argue

Pleas stop arguing. We all have opinions and should except that.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sat May 09, 2015 11:42 pm

I think the legacy characters are still great. I've really had no trouble with any of them keeping up with the 2.0 characters. :)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sat May 09, 2015 11:55 pm

^yes, but they offered up the possibility for it.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby TOlofter » Sun May 10, 2015 12:01 am

The team should just start releasing reposes then. That's the other option.

I can see it now....Rapunzel with Pascal, Barbossa with a peg leg, Coronation Elsa, Glitched Vanellope, Nesbitt Lightyear, Birthday Anna, etc. We already have a new Mickey Mouse! If they do not upgrade the 1.0 guys and/or do not add that as DLC, reposes will be the only option. Then for sure you can start worrying about getting new characters.

Though, Skylanders seem to handle this just fine with a similar concept.

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun May 10, 2015 12:12 am

reposes are a cash grab. 3.0 Mickey has totally different abilities. 1.0 Mickey was Mickey playing the role of the sorcerer's apprentice. 3.0 is Mickey as Mickey, not playing a role.

upgrading 1.0 characters adds value to the product, rewards people who already have them and will encourage those who don't already have them to buy them.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby braiko » Sun May 10, 2015 12:36 am

It is clear this is a fairly devisive issue and I agree that we should try not to get into any heated arguments. So far I think everyone has made some valid points on both sides of the argument.

I never saw the Twitch Q+A, but when they mentioned no upgrades to 2.0 didn't they qualify that with "unless they were really popular requests" or something like that. Even if it were only a few passives added like the flight/wall crawl that would be a start.

Heck at this point I'd be satisfied with a generic super for all 1.0 characters that did some sort of area of affect damage. Maybe make a few different animations of fireworks going off or similar, then at least they'd make use of the purple spark mana system. This could then be a placeholder for more work down the line. I've been very happy with almost all of the decisions DI has made since 1.0 so I have faith they will continue to serve the fans well, even if it comes later on.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Muffin Man » Sun May 10, 2015 12:36 am

Honestly I would totally pay for a 1.0 upgrade DLC pack. I see no problem with paying for the developers' time updating these figures if they feel the issue is about cost (though I think it could possibly be worth it simply to make 1.0 figures more desirable for people to purchase).

To those who say "It'll take away from making new characters", well, sure. In a sense. In another sense it would actually give us new characters that we only got the outer shell of before. I mean what if the characters already in 1.0 are some of our favorite characters of all time? We will never get to play as the full realization of that character, all because it happened to be popular enough to come out first. Why should we want them to prioritize putting other characters in the game when the characters we love most are essentially only partially in the game?

Also it doesn't necessarily have to be done all at once. They could start with some of the most glaring omissions first: Buzz's laser and jetpack, Syndrome's flight, and Wreck-it-Ralph's wall climb ability would be a good little batch of changes to start off with, and they could work from there at whatever pace they can manage.

rank_50
Muffin Man

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information