Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby digeek1955 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:52 am

Weneedupgradesweneedupgradesweneedupgradesweneedupgradesweneedupgrades! Who is with me!
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby braiko » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:21 am

Aye! Though very glad to hear that the melee combo reworkings are going to give some of the 1.0 figures a newer lease on life. Might actually use Rapunzel's combo rather than spamming ranged throws. I fear that the shoulder bargers are still going to be stuck with their non-combo single move attacks though (I'm looking at you Monsters/Toy Story/Lone Ranger). It's fine when someone like Rocket has a shoulder barge though; he shouldn't be using it anyway because he can rely on his awesome shooting.

Also, lets see, 3.0 characters will now have
- Y/triangle attack combos,
- Trigger ranged attacks,
- super moves (2.0 and 3.0 only)
AND NOW
- X/square moves (3.0 only)

1.0s are going to feel a bit more left behind. Let's be heard that we endorse JV's suggestion of a rollout of single/small groups of character upgrades at a time, via patch. I had previously been hoping just for additions of super moves +/- passive ability (wall crawl etc) or a reworked base attack if sorely needed (Toy Story everything + Lone Ranger melees - have you seen those ... lunge...things??). But if they focus on one character at a time, maybe they might even add X/square moves as well?? Anyway, not getting greedy, just optimistic with the infinite possibilities :D :D

Also, a brief section on simple suggestions:

1. Change monsters' scare/roar to their melee, like Jack Skellington, getting rid of their shoulder barge. Then that frees up their standard ranged attacks for various guns (toilet paper/paintball/urchins) to be used (maybe each monster has a different one as default). Or possibly an even better idea, a "Distraction gun/throw" - this might work well as a super move. Target an area of ground to spawn an item there that makes a noise and is targeted by enemies, thus allowing for easier stealth attacks as I mention next.
2. The creep/stealth mode for scaring could be changed to X/square, making it like a force move. There could also be bonuses (possibly unlocked in the skill tree?) to damage/stun/knockback if attacks are landed from stealth.
3. Change Violet's invisibility to her super (or X/square), allowing for a new ranged attack. Similarly, Dash's super speed could be redone this way (force speed likely coming in 3.0 and would be assigned to X/square?).
4. This links in with the supers of Loki/Ronan/Nick Fury/Black Widow. They could possibly have their supers changed to 'force' moves, to align with all of the above. Though given their invisibility is stronger than the monsters' "sneaking" it might be reasonable to keep as a super. In that case, give Randall (and Violet) the invisibility super, but let Randall keep his sneak bonuses for attacking out of it.

[edited a couple of times]
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby The Scientist » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:45 pm

As the game keep getting more and more advanced, 1.0 characters will get pushed aside more and more. Even if they do upgrade them, new feature "A" in Disney Infinity X.0 will just make them irrelevant again. They are using power creep to make more money, but really. If they make people buy a starter pack for every game I see no reason why they need to leave all previous characters behind.
On an Orbital Fortress in between the earth and the moon.

rank_50
The Scientist

Postby Popularvote » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:21 am

Violet is a beast in combat, though. I'd say the only thing any of the Incredibles characters really need is a super attack.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby Cellsai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:06 am

Aye, the Incredibles are at a level where I think they're fine aside from a special attack. Syndrome just getting flight would sort out that full set.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby JustNCredible » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:17 am

I'm excited to check out the new melee combat upgrades for 1.0 characters via packs. One of my favorite things to use in the Toybox with melee-lacking characters is the pirate sword, and now it'll be that much sweeter. Sully looks especially sweet; his pirate sword is huge lol.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Platinum-Guardian » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:22 am

I signed. We're getting close!

rank_0
Platinum-Guardian
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Steamboat Silly » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Has there been any feedback from the developers about this issue? Even though the toys are forward compatible, not giving them the skills to play in newer games makes them somewhat obsolete, sans collectors of course.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:12 pm

John Vignocchi has said the possibility of patching in upgrades for earlier figures could be a possibility if there was sufficient interest.

even if there was enough interest it would of course still need to be financially beneficial in some way for them to proceed.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information