Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters!

Re: Let's raise our voice! More abilities for 1.0 Characters

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:41 pm

I don't think it's worth while upgrading older playsets, it's a huge amount of resources. For figures on the other hand adding a few features over the next 2 years would bring older figures back to life (so to speak)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah I don't use any 1.0 figures anymore

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby InfinityApprentice » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey is the first character I took into 3.0. He was awesome! :)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Maserati777 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:53 am

It would be cool if they released power discs with a special new move for each 1.0 character. You could put the disc on the base then remove it and the character would have it until removed from the base.

Maybe it would only work with that character.

I definitely think it would be cool if some of the 1.0 characters had better attacks, especially the Toy Story and Monsters U characters.

I think especially Elsa, Vanellope as well as Jack are short shafted here.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby braiko » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:43 am

Sorry but have to disagree there, I for one do not want to have a mandatory power disc that needs to be put down for every 1.0 character. Sure, it's better than no upgrades at all, but the use of power discs should be a luxury extra, not a requirement to get the full use of a character.

No reason they can't program in extra moves just like they're planning to do with Marvel characters for the battle mode in Battlegrounds.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:01 am

^this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Postby InfinityApprentice » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:42 pm

@braiko Agreed!
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby sigil » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:57 pm

Plus, Avalanche has to program the Power Disc into the game. Power discs just unlock the item, theme or ability in the game. Since they have to do this, you could play in your game and through online play, the data in your friends game could import to your game. As I don't know how much info the disc on the figures hold. 1.0 might only hold enough for character name and level. 2.0 holds more because of the skill trees info, which transfers when your bring yours to a friends house. 3.0 holds more. This data might not transfer through the RF chip in figure base for older figures and this maybe why no update to figures.
If they made a playset for Disney figures similar to the Marvel playset, Maybe then update the all the figures for inside the playset only.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby braiko » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Something I've noticed in 3.0 (and I don't recall seeing it in 2.0) is that some of the old characters, despite having very basic attacks, are much stronger to make up for it.

For example, playing on takeover on extreme difficulty, the average enemies might take several lightsaber attacks to destroy. However Vanellope's glitch attack is taking many of them out in one shot. Given she doesn't have a complex combo chain like the 2.0+ characters this is a welcome change. For many of the characters, if they can hold their own like this, I don't mind them having simple attacks.

My main wish remains for them to be given a super move (even a rudimentary/non-upgradeable one) so as to make use of purple sparks.
(P.S. Though completely overhauling the toy story characters and giving a few ppl passives like wall crawl/flight would be nice!)
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements, Rules and Information