Aye! Though very glad to hear that the melee combo reworkings are going to give some of the 1.0 figures a newer lease on life. Might actually use Rapunzel's combo rather than spamming ranged throws. I fear that the shoulder bargers are still going to be stuck with their non-combo single move attacks though (I'm looking at you Monsters/Toy Story/Lone Ranger). It's fine when someone like Rocket has a shoulder barge though; he shouldn't be using it anyway because he can rely on his awesome shooting.
Also, lets see, 3.0 characters will now have
- Y/triangle attack combos,
- Trigger ranged attacks,
- super moves (2.0 and 3.0 only)
- X/square moves (3.0 only)
1.0s are going to feel a bit more left behind. Let's be heard that we endorse JV's suggestion of a rollout of single/small groups of character upgrades at a time, via patch. I had previously been hoping just for additions of super moves +/- passive ability (wall crawl etc) or a reworked base attack if sorely needed (Toy Story everything + Lone Ranger melees - have you seen those ... lunge...things??). But if they focus on one character at a time, maybe they might even add X/square moves as well?? Anyway, not getting greedy, just optimistic with the infinite possibilities
Also, a brief section on simple suggestions:
1. Change monsters' scare/roar to their melee, like Jack Skellington, getting rid of their shoulder barge. Then that frees up their standard ranged attacks for various guns (toilet paper/paintball/urchins) to be used (maybe each monster has a different one as default). Or possibly an even better idea, a "Distraction gun/throw" - this might work well as a super move. Target an area of ground to spawn an item there that makes a noise and is targeted by enemies, thus allowing for easier stealth attacks as I mention next.
2. The creep/stealth mode for scaring could be changed to X/square, making it like a force move. There could also be bonuses (possibly unlocked in the skill tree?) to damage/stun/knockback if attacks are landed from stealth.
3. Change Violet's invisibility to her super (or X/square), allowing for a new ranged attack. Similarly, Dash's super speed could be redone this way (force speed likely coming in 3.0 and would be assigned to X/square?).
4. This links in with the supers of Loki/Ronan/Nick Fury/Black Widow. They could possibly have their supers changed to 'force' moves, to align with all of the above. Though given their invisibility is stronger than the monsters' "sneaking" it might be reasonable to keep as a super. In that case, give Randall (and Violet) the invisibility super, but let Randall keep his sneak bonuses for attacking out of it.
[edited a couple of times]