The Nintendo NX

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

The Nintendo NX

Postby Stitch » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:03 am

I just wanted to hear your thoughts on Nintendo's upcoming console, coined, "NX". Most likely just a codename, or placeholder, for the real name.
Nintendo claims it will change the way games are played forever, but for me, it just sounds like another gimmick...
I just want more third party support, and less of the gimmicks and more focus on the console itself.

Sort of getting sick of the motion controls, so hopefully the controller will just drop that entirely.
Also, Nintendo had better market this console right, or they will just make the same mistakes they did with the Wii U :?

Anyways, casually optimistic about this as I do love Nintendo, they just need to step up their game a little, and hopefully this NX console will do so.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Re: The Nintendo NX

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:48 am

Most likely it'll be VR related as that's the new thing atm

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm not really worried about what the console itself will be or do. I do believe that they need 3rd party support and some good marketing at launch with a good bunch of games to go with it.

Other than that, I would say that I'd still like Nintendo to do something different than the others. We don't need another version of what Microsoft and Sony are doing, which are now basically a computer plugged to your tv with a controller. I like that Nintendo is trying to do things differently. But by doing that, they should also ensure that there is a good chance that 3rd party will be on board this time around.

We need to remember that Nintendo pretty much invented the way we play games right now. They always tried new things and it always worked, up until now.

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:26 pm

^
And I agree. I want them to do something different, I just want to make sure it is purely for the innovation and not for the gimmicks.
It also should not be forced upon every game, that is what also drove third party developers away, the motion controls...

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby ptr362 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:53 pm

For the NX project that's been mentioned, all I hope is that they trump the PS4 and Xbox One's hardware specs in the next year or 2 so that they can be ahead of the game for once. Any quirks should be optional enhancements, not expensive requirements such as the Gamepad (which bumps up the production and retail cost of the Wii U console). I've heard suggestions that perhaps the new Zelda game that they were adamant was going to be released this year but now delayed, has been delayed to coincide with a 2016 release date for the NX. I'm kind of doubtful the NX will be out so soon though. Either way, E3 could be interesting this year.

rank_0
ptr362
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Return to other video games and consoles