Lego Dimensions

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Lego Dimensions

Postby Quasimod0 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:32 pm

So this is like a regular LEGO game, but instead of unlocking 100s of playable characters and vehicles for free, they are charging upwards of 15 dollars for a pack with only a few characters. PLUS the 99 dollars to buy the starter pack?

rank_500
Quasimod0
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Woody7850 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:37 pm

I love how Wyldstyle is animated in the stop motion style seen in the movie, while Batman and Gandalf are rendered in normal CGI.

Bonus points if I made you look back into the video to see this.
Reach for the Sky! -Woody

rank_250
Woody7850
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby jmob22 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:15 pm

I'm hoping this is at least a little different than other regular LEGO games, and that it has a lot of content. $99 is a lot, but pretty predictable given that LEGOs cost A LOT of money. If the game itself is $60, then $40 for all the LEGOs is about right. However, given that DI is about $20 for the game, I would expect a lot of content out of the actual game. More than DI, which is quite a bit. Because of the price, I can't see myself getting it until the price goes down, which usually happens with LEGO games. Another thing is that LEGO products hold their value really well, so I wouldn't see the actual toys going down too much in price. I wonder where they will put these on the shelf? In the LEGO aisle, or along with the other TTL stuff? Growing up, my favorite things were LEGO, Star Wars, Disney, and BTTF. It's just amazing that they are giving me all I could ever want, but why does it have to cost so much?

I eagerly await more information on this and new DI stuff, which I predict will come sometime next week during SW Celebration. It would be the perfect time for an announcement to draw attention away from LEGO. I just want them both!

rank_100
jmob22
NN ID:

Postby hedgehobbit » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Watching this trailer is frustrating. Allowing all characters to play in the story mode is so obvious that it makes me mad that Disney has no intention of doing it. Instead they build pointless walls around all their franchises.

My daughters (who are downstairs playing Skylanders as I type this) are the ones mainly playing DI yet there are almost no girl characters in Marvel but all the Play Sets (and now even the Toy Box Tales!!!!) are Marvel. All three of them have probably spent a combined total of 6 hours in the 2.0 Play Sets which is about half of what each one spent in each of the 1.0 Play Sets. If 3.0 is a bunch of Play Sets that only Star Wars characters can play, then there really is no point in me buying it. Who is actually getting hurt if one of my girls wants Elsa to be a Jedi?

Sorry for the rant but I'm really not happy at the moment.

rank_0
hedgehobbit
PSN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:30 pm

It depends on the depth of the story in this game though. This is a big mashup of all the properties so we don't know how deep each one will be featured. If BTTF is just a one level experience, it doesn't equate to a 6 hour playset at all.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby npgcole » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:36 pm

I'm so exited for this, being a huge LEGO fan and all! I definitely didn't expect Wizard of Oz since LEGO never made sets for that before. Wow, it's going to be an expensive year with DI 3.0 AND LEGO Dimensions, but I just can't pass this up! :D

BTW you can see pics of all the announced level/team/fun packs here
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:26 pm

If this will be everything they bring on for this moment the total cost will be:
1 starterpack €100
1 levelpack €30
1 teampack €25
13 funpack á €15 will be €195
So in total that will be €350
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Ugh. Those Fun packs are the worst IMO. 1 character + 1 vehicle.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:33 pm

Whats the price in US $$? I cant imagine its 100 euro and $100.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles