Lego Dimensions

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Lego Dimensions

Postby Rapunzel70 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Yeah, I think the price was a big downer. Especially when the starter pack got first released. I waited a few months for the first 'good' offer. But I think the entire toys to life idea would have worked much better, if they really sold the starter packs as cheap as possible and then make the money with the add on content. It's that sticker album principle, that sure would work here. Once you got enough starter packs sold, people will inevitably start to buy more stuff.
But when you pay € 100 for the starter pack alone you really start to consider if and what to get next.

I got Lego Worlds and I strongly advise you NOT to get it ;) It's so much fun and soooo adictive. Three times I build up my Lego Dimension to play more in the Knight Rider and Batman movie world and just wanted to pay a short visit to Lego Worlds. Suddenly it was half past 11 at night I still had to get up early and get to work. You have all these funny outfits for you characters and these funny little quest (okay, I do this one and then quit ... well this one and...) and so much stuff to build and try and so forth. It's really the most lego-like of all lego games :)
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Coz it's adictive you wouldn't advise it, but of the sound of it what you are saying that it is an awesome game to play? Is the €29,99 well spend for this game?
On the Bricks to Life site they giving a lot of guides to unlock plenty of stuff.

I'm still hoping that the news on Bricks to Life is a Fake News, althought that they have great stuff going on they have done some more Fake News for example they said that Disney figures was coming into LD Year 2. Mickey, Daisy, Miney.
Until Lego or TT Games official announce it, my fingers are crossed.
Do you know what's going on with Skylanders and Amiibo? If they are still running or getting as well a cancellation?
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Rapunzel70 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:09 am

Skylanders have ended, I think it even says so in the article. Amiibo is still going, but it's an entirely different concept, as you can use the figures in different Nintendo games, not only one.

Well, they were kinda right about Mickey, Minney etc becoming mini figures. They just overinterpreted the news by linking that to Dimensions. But the minifigures got released in general as lego figures.

Yeah, Lego Worlds so addictive, it should come with a warning label. First it was a bit slow, but when you unlock the first things and then really take on quest you just don't know how to stop. It's sure worth the money, a simple but really entertaining game. And you can build all you ever wanted to build with lego. You don't have real life restrictions like money or space. ;)
The guides on bricks to life are very helpful, though I still need some time till I get to do all that's described there.
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:05 am

I read on your profile that you have, just like me, the PS4. Do you play Lego World on PS4 or on an another console?
And if you do play it on the PS4, do need PS Plus to go online with this game? Coz i saw that it is a 2 player Coöp game.

I wished that LD would do the Lego Worlds kinda thing. You know, where we can build our own Adventure World and visiting the worlds what other people have created.
That would have give LD a boost and so much more fun to play with, now i'm wondering what the article got to say about what they where planned to do for LD Year 3.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Rapunzel70 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm a sony girl, I only have Playstations ;) I play Worlds on PS4, yes, you need plus to play online with others. But you can play couch co-op with friends at home, too.

Yeah, would have been great if we had our own Adventure worlds in LD where we could add all sorts of stuff from the other worlds and levels and even share them with others.

On the one hand I'd like to know what they had planned for year 3, on the other hand it will be as painful as with DI to learn about all that won't happen.
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm a playstation guy. although we also own a WII.
Great that i can play it with other people, but that would be still me, when i'm the only one who like to play these games.
My brothers don't wanne play it, the youngest says it's to childish and the oldest will one play the Disney Infinity game.

I don't know if you saw on youtube clips with 2 boys who where telling about LD packs and what they do in the game, but after December 2015 you don't see anything about them anymore. Do you know what happend to them?
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Sherrif Ben » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Here some new info about the cancellation
FAQ about LD cancellation

When you read the answer below this question and later on the post: Will we still get Beetlejuice, PPG, TTG, Goonies, LEGO City, etc.? You can read that there still will be a Year 3 coming to LD :D :lol: :o

I liked playing Lego Universe, that was the first online game where i was consider to buy a month membership for. It's a shame that some people did some stupid things with the buildings you could make.
And ofcourse they expend to much on making that game.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Rapunzel70 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Actually the FAQ is a little contradictory here. It says "Think of the cancellation applying to Year 3 and beyond, and not to anything that’s already been announced." in the beginning and later on "The cancellation we announced was referencing any content beyond Year 3.* and in the end "We will share a nice list of the cancelled franchises later" So we are still not any clearer on year 3 :(
But at least we get anything announced so far.

I never played Lego Universe. Never heard much about so I never really got interested. What was it like?

I see your younger brother's point. I play Lego games because they are childish :lol: I still play Disney Infinity, too. Got the Dory and Inside Out sets the other day when there was another sale. It's kinda hard to let go...

I remember the kids, too. Checked some of their vids to see what the game and the items we get with the packs were all about. No, no idea at all what became of them.
"Best Day Ever!!!"

rank_250
Rapunzel70
PSN ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 pm

When you read this question: What were the IPs that were going to be included in Year 3? They do speak about Year 3, but they don't say what's comes to it. So i got hope that there comes a Year 3, but i'll be a little disappointed if it doesn't come but not that much. With the 2 kids it was fun to watch but it also feels a little bit fake how they where acting.
I don't care if other people say that something is childish or not, as long i think that i would love to play that game i'll play that game. Just i like to play Disney and Lego Games.

I had to do a little research for Lego Universe, what is exactly was, because the game is already shutdown for 5 years.
It's a game about a group people who do an expedition and 1 of them betrayed the others and created some dark figures. And your task is to end this as far you could do.
You get 2 free worlds and the rest is members only, you could even get pets. You created a character that can use weapons and gears and you could upgrade them to become stronger and more powefull.
I never had the change to become a member, coz after a few months i was playing the game they announced to cancel the game.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles