Lego Dimensions

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Lego Dimensions

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:38 pm

The game's storyline
There is an ancient planet at the centre of the LEGO Multiverse inhabited by an evil mastermind, Lord Vortech. It is said that he who controls the Foundational Elements that this planet is built upon controls all of the Multiverse. Lord Vortech has vowed to be that ruler, summoning characters from a variety of LEGO worlds to help him find these building bricks of LEGO civilisation. Some have agreed. Others have rebelled. And only the combined powers of the greatest LEGO heroes can stop him.

When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, different characters from DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings, and The LEGO Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle bravely jump into the vortex. As they journey to locations beyond their wildest imaginations in search of their friends, they soon realise that Lord Vortech is summoning villains from across different LEGO worlds to help him gain control. As his power grows, worlds mix, unexpected characters meet, and all boundaries are broken. Our heroes must travel through space and time to rescue their friends before the vortexes destroy all of LEGO humanity.

What is LEGO Dimensions?
When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, different characters from DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings, and The LEGO Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle bravely jump into the vortex and quickly find themselves fighting to save all of LEGO humanity.

Let creativity be the guide to a building and gaming adventure – journey through unexpected worlds and team up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with different minifigures from different worlds together in one LEGO video game, and use each other’s vehicles and gadgets in a way never before possible. LEGO Bad Cop driving the DeLorean Time Machine... why not?! The LEGO Ninjago Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman... yes, please!

Everything you need to play
Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules.

The LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack is all players need to begin – build the base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the Starter Pack: LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, three LEGO minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle), and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

Build the minifigure heroes and fire up the game to start the experience, then follow the in‐game build instructions to assemble the loose bricks into the LEGO Gateway, and place the structure on the LEGO Toy Pad. Expand the adventure by collecting more minifigures, vehicles, gadgets, and new levels with the purchase of three different types of expansion packs. Use whatever minifigure with whichever vehicle or gadget – go ahead, break the rules!

Key Features

An extreme crossover
For the first time in any LEGO video game, characters from a mix of some of the best brands in the universe join forces and battle in worlds outside of their own. A Dark Knight, a wizard, and a LEGO Master Builder travelling together down the Yellow Brick Road is just the beginning...

Keep expanding; more is better
By purchasing additional expansion packs, players can grow their collection with a variety of their favourite brands to create even more crazy combinations. Bring up to seven minifigures, vehicles, and/or gadgets into the game all at once by dropping them on the LEGO Toy Pad for the most exciting and action‐filled game around.

Play alone or with a friend
Players can let imagination guide their solo journey, or have a friend join the adventure with cooperative drop‐in/drop‐out play.

The starter pack will last
The LEGO Toy Pad and the video game found in the initial starter pack will offer continued compatibility with future expansion packs for years to come. Like any LEGO building set, LEGO Dimensions is a system of play that offers continued compatibility – everything bought today or expanded with tomorrow will continue to work.

UPDATE: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Senior Vice President Jeff Junge talks about 'LEGO Dimensions' - a game and toy line combining real-world LEGO bricks and figures with virtual game worlds depicted on screen. (April 9)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Lego Dimensions

Postby Chewbacca » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Holy lord I need that Back to the Future Set so freaking badly.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby ptr362 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Heard rumours about this, but that trailer was a bit underwhelming. I'm left with more questions than answers, particularly with how it all actually works. Will be interesting to see how it pans out though...

rank_0
ptr362
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 pm

For a launch announcement this looks pretty good and I think this will have a impact on infinity with this next season having both lego & amibo on the shelves... I think this looks pretty exciting and interested to see more

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Will be buying the starter pack, although it seems expensive at £100, but I'm not sure I will be collecting the lot (famous last words).

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ptr362 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Looking into it further, I like how they've made the packaging for the game and add-ons look a lot like the packaging for their regular Lego stuff, that's a nice touch I think. There's one thing I'd like to see in this game that would be a bit like previous Lego, but something you don't get in Disney Infinity, and that's the ability to switch between 2 characters placed on the base. Playing single player but not being able to switch between the 2 characters on the infinity base really bugs me at times.

rank_0
ptr362
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Yeah, this is so great.
I also love Disney infinity but this will be also fun to play with
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby herbhen » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:58 pm

I promised myself no more 'Toys to life' Collections, having already got the full set of Infinity and Amiibo figures (thus far) Safe to say though I can't resist a Lego game that has Lego Movie Characters, Batman, Back to the Future and Wizard of Oz and sooo so much more! Hoping I can limit myself spending wise this time (by not going for a full set) but with whats been announced thus far that seems impossible! ha ha

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:13 pm

I predict Ghostbusters and Simpsons too!

Definitely a Black Friday purchase for me.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Next

Return to other video games and consoles