Contest of Champions

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Contest of Champions

Postby Iceblock » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:59 am

Does anyone here have Contest of Champions? It is a Marvel game where you must collect characters with Crystals and upgrade them to defeat Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, and Thanos. My name on it is Captains and my alliance is After Dark. :?: :ugeek:
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." - Muhammad Ali

rank_0
Iceblock
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Contest of Champions

Postby Woody7850 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:23 am

Rant
This game is an obvious cash grab.

I used to have it, and played for quite a bit, so I know my sources. The game gives you select heroes (I think they force you to get Spiderman) and makes you fight against other members of the Marvel Universe. The heroes go from one-star to four-star, and of course, to start out, they give you one-star heroes (if you play enough, you get a three-star hero for free. That's it). There is a tiny chance of being able to get heroes higher than two-star, which is understandable, for a free game.

The problem here is that you can never choose which hero you want! You are forced to spin crystals for a chance at a hero you want. Even when you use real money to buy a guaranteed three-star or four-star, you'll never be able to choose who you get. You can even get duplicates of the same hero.

I tried to enjoy this game, because of the great graphics and solid yet simple gameplay, but when I looked at my collection and the only good characters I had were a three-star Cyclops and some heavily-grinded one and two stars, I gave up.

Sorry, it's late and I need to rant. If you or anyone else likes this game, then that's great. I don't.
Reach for the Sky! -Woody

rank_250
Woody7850
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Contest of Champions

Postby Iceblock » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:14 am

I have a 2 Star The Vision on Rank 2 Level 20. My 3 favorite characters, I own. (Colossus, Hawkeye, The Vision) It is a great game. Now includes Ant-Man and Elektra.
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." - Muhammad Ali

rank_0
Iceblock
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to other video games and consoles