My Vault 88

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

My Vault 88

Postby Tilarta » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:00 am

I've been playing a game called Fallout 4 for a few months now.
One of the new features was Settlement building, in which you get to make your own towns and sometimes indoor locations.
The Vault-Tec Workshop DLC allows you to build your very own Vault, which I'd like to share with you via video:

This isn't the standard game, I had to apply some game modifications to make it work.
The most significant one is the Object Limit increase, because Settlements were never meant to be this large (I used all the available space offered!).

This is only the basic level construction of the Vault, I am working on improving it further.
If you want to know more about how I designed it, feel free to ask.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: My Vault 88

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Ever since the advent of Nintendo Wii, people have discovered how much fun it is to CREATE or BUILD and not just participate. My kids and me have spent hours in the past perfecting a Mii, decorating a house in ANIMAL CROSSING, pimping the paint job in a race game. It's nice to see a more mature game taking this stance as we all enjoy whatever our age. The new STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT would benefit from something similar to add longevity. Character mashing and customization, vehicle and weapons work-shop, Environment building and custom map creation. You could create custom mini-games. The problem with over doing customization, is that as the developer you limit the options for the next instalment, and cut into your own expansion pack sales.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: My Vault 88

Postby Tilarta » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 pm

Unfortunately, that was where Fallout 4 suffered where compared to the previous iterations, 3 and New Vegas.
The expansion packs were set at a standard number of 4 story based.

Fallout 4's expansion packs, only two of them are story based and the third is an issue for contention.
Some say the third isn't a true story expansion, I say it is, because there is a story.
The rest of the expansion packs (including Vault-Tec workshop) are all focussed around giving you new objects to build with and there was no story attached to those expansions whatsoever.
Vault-Tec workshop did have a story, but it was very minimal and it took me no more then an hour to complete it.

There is conjecture going around that there may be a second series of expansions planned if the company can come up with some new ideas.

I know for sure there are two events talked about that you never see taken further.
The first is about some mutated whale that everyone has seen from a distance, but never encountered close up.
The second is that you meet a character researching alien technology, he mentions that he's heard about an alien city under the ground a long distance from here and he's going on an expedition to find it.
I had assumed both of those were lead-ins to specific expansion packs, but nothing ever came of it, sadly.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to other video games and consoles