Smash Bros. Topic

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Smash Bros. Topic

Postby fdanielix » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 pm

And note that those characters where already in development AND that we are getting lots of more characters because the smash ballot hasn't even ended!
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID: DanTheGamer00
NN ID: danielixblack
Disney ID: Fdanielix

Postby Stitch » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:43 pm

C'mon Skull Kid!

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2015 Day 1 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U DLC

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 am

【スマブラ3DS・WiiU】追加コンテンツ TVCM ([Smash Bros. 3DS · WiiU Additional content TVCM)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Details from Sakurai’s new Famitsu column, only “several more” Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS DLC characters planned

Masahiro Sakurai once again published a new column in the latest issue of Famitsu. In his piece, Sakurai writes about the new downloadable content that came to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

Details from the column can be found below. If you’d like a full translation, head on over to Source Gaming.

– Sakurai mentions that the 3DS “isn’t suited for successive downloads, and there are people who don’t have Wi-Fi in their homes and go to convenience stores to connect, so we made sure to put a lot of forethought into the process.”
– He’s amazed that Ryu is in Smash, and was excited to work on him
– Sakurai put a bunch of effort into the small details
– When putting Ryu in Smash, there are limits based on the number of buttons and the control scheme
– Composer Yoko Shimomura and illustrator AKIMAN each played a little bit of Ryu in Smash
– Shimomura exclaimed “Even I can do a Shoryuken!”
– AKIMAN was shocked, saying “are you sure it’s okay to make performing a Shoryuken so easy?”
– The thing that left an impression on Sakurai when making Roy was recording his lines
– Same actor from Melee (Fukuyama) was used
– Fukuyama remembered details from the recording session for Melee extremely well like the names for characters, and even the other actors
– Sakurai was happy about this since he’s an actor who’s done a ton of projects since Melee
– Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were made before the ballot was created
– Sakurai “had a grasp on their popularity and demand, though”
– “From now until the end, it is going to be fan service”
– Since Sakurai can’t keep the team together forever, there will only be several more characters
– Sakurai asks for fans’ patience in making more content

Source: Nintendo Everything

Sakurai Considered Dropping Pac-Man From Smash If Couldn’t Use Old-School Design

Pac-man is an iconic video gaming character, but Super Smash Bros producer Masahiro Sakurai was seriously considering dropping him from the game unless Namco let him use the old-school design for the character. Presumably Bandai Namco initially wanted Sakurai to use their updated 3D design from Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, but he wasn’t interested in using that.

Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS cut content includes Rock Pikmin, Smash Run co-op, more

Source Gaming has been poking through the development slides featured in Masahiro Sakurai’s Famitsu column anthologies. The site has dug up some interesting information about cut content in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, like initial plans for Rock Pikmin and Smash Run co-op.

Here’s a summary of what’s been shared thus far:

– Rock Pikmin were planned but ultimately put on hold
– These Pikmin would have been heavy with short reach but high attack power
– Smash Run was to receive co-op play
– This idea wasn’t realized due to the 3DS processor’s inability to display multiple fighters on the same screen
– There were also plans for co-op powers at one point
– Sakurai initially considered including four versions of each Special
– Ex: Mario would have been able to launch a double fireball
– Special 4-on-4 Team Battles rules were considered
– Mii Fighters’ Specials were originally going to be included as in-game rewards
– Instead, they ended up as default content

Sakurai considered having a separate company handle Smash Bros. Brawl’s Subspace Emissary

An old – but recently translated – Famitsu column from Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai gives insight into Brawl’s Subspace Emissary.

In one portion of his column, Sakurai talks about how there were initially plans for a separate company to handle this mode. The main team would have provided oversight.

Things sadly didn’t go according to plan since the team “couldn’t find a promising studio to take on the contract.” Aside from the cut-scenes, all aspects of Subspace Emissary were created “almost entirely in-house.”

Here’s the relevant excerpt from Sakurai’s column as translated by Source Gaming:

In the first project plan, this mode would have been worked on by a separate company, with oversight from us. For the evolution of “Smash” simply increasing the number of stages and characters is not good. I have already reached the limit. From the production and playing perspective, if I don’t spend enough time on a character, that character wouldn’t receive the love [that they need], the project would become bloated and disorganized, and versus would have no room to breath. The previous game, “Melee” barely made it….of course. Naturally, I will do my best, one step at a time.

Therefore, I thought we could arrange the main team would work on the game in conjunction with another team who is working on the action game in a different location.

… Unfortunately, we couldn’t find a promising studio to take on the contract. Well. In the end, everything other than the cutscenes was done almost entirely in-house.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:14 pm

We’ll be releasing an update for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on July 31st! This update will add Tourney mode and the option to post Replays on YouTube to the Wii U version. There will also be paid DLC of new Mii Fighter costumes and new stages for both versions. Stay tuned for more details!

Image Image

Massive Super Smash Bros Update Coming July 31st

Nintendo has confirmed today that there will be a gigantic Super Smash Bros update for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U coming on July 31st. The new update brings with it new stages, Mii Fighter costumes, a new tournament mode, and much more. Some of it will be free DLC and other parts of it will be paid DLC. The Mii Fighter costumes include one for King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series and Chrom of Fire Emblem. Here’s what will be available on July 31st.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

• Parka costumes, which can be used by all three Mii types
• King K Rool costume for Mii Fighters
• Chrom Costume for Mii Fighter
• Hyrule Castle 64 Stage
• Peach’s Castle 64 Stage
• Tournament Mode
• Ability to save and post replays to YouTube

Source(s): Nintendo, My Nintendo News, and Nintendo Everything

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Stitch » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:29 pm

So THAT'S why they renewed K. Rool's contract.
I figured he didn't win the Ballot, it doesn't end till October.
I also like that they kept the N64 feel with the old stages, they aren't completely remodeled or anything :D

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:37 am

I'll definitely get the new stages, loved Hyrule Castle in the original! Too bad Saffron City isn't returning yet, that was my favorite. I'll skip all the Mii stuff, never play with them anyway except for their runs in classic and all-star for the trophies.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID: Raptor007
Steam: killingraptor66

Postby fdanielix » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:31 pm

With the Tourney mode now live, The DIF tourney should begin preparations. What date would be good for this?
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID: DanTheGamer00
NN ID: danielixblack
Disney ID: Fdanielix

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles