Nintendo

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Nintendo

Postby D-infinity13 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Also, another thing nintendo should do is, gee I don't know, MAKE MORE REGULAR 3DS!!! Seriously, PSVita definitely isn't as popular as the 3DS, the 3DS XL is just bigger and 'better 3D', and the 2DS is just bad in general. The only 3DS colors you can buy that aren't used is the purple and pink. If they made more regular 3DS and make the other colors again, that'd also help. I've been almost all around the US, and when I go to target I hear kids say 'the 2DS sucks' and 'the 3DS XL is a waste of money, and even 'Why don't they make regular 3DS' anymore!?'.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Nintendo being sued over motion patents in the Wii and Wii U

Nintendo's not having a great 2014. Between lackluster financial results, an accidental controversy, and now a lawsuit from Philips, life could be better. The Dutch electronics company Koninklijke Philips (better known as just Philips, for obvious reasons) is suing Nintendo over motion patents that span the entire Wii line: "Wii video gaming systems and related software and accessories including, for example, the Wii console, Wii Remote Plus Controller, Wii Remote Controller, Wii U console, Wii U GamePad, and Wii Mini," the lawsuit filing reads. Worse for Nintendo, Philips is looking to halt the sales of those products while the court case proceeds, which could turn the Wii U's poor sales into an even more dire situation.

For its part, Nintendo isn't issuing a formal statement. Philips' formal statement is written all over the legal documents. The electronics company alleges that Nintendo intentionally infringed on patents owned by Philips, that Nintendo was warned about said infringing patents in late 2011, and that Nintendo continued to voluntarily violate said patents. Beyond the creation of devices, Nintendo allegedly infringed Philips' patents, "by making, using, selling, offering for sale, andimporting interactive virtual modeling products within the United States." As such, Philips is suing Nintendo in the United States district court (specifically in Delaware, where many companies register for tax reasons).

Should the case go to trial, Philips is requesting one by jury. Also, Nintendo will have to stop selling its Wii and Wii U game consoles in the US during the trial. All that said, it's very likely this will be settled out of court so Nintendo can avoid that situation.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/15/nint ... _truncated
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby bloxxerman » Sat May 17, 2014 7:18 pm

That is one of the dumbest things ever. There's no way Philips have even a chance of winning that one.

Also @D-infinity13 I agreed with you a lot on the 3DS XL being rubbish, and I know the 2DS is rubbish now that my little brother got one, but my boyfriend recently got a 3DS XL, and it's not as bad as I thought! It's got a nice bigger screen, and the buttons are bigger too! I'm thinking of maybe upgrading later on down the line! :D
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:48 pm

^The main thing I don't like about the XL is that it doesn't fit it your pocket (same as the 2DS). But if I need too, I'll probably a XL.
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Sat May 17, 2014 8:51 pm

My XL fits in my pocket... Lol

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby D-infinity13 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:29 pm

^But I'm only about 5 feet tall, meaning I have small pockets. :lol:

And just saying, what about the playstation things that are similar to wii remotes, that have the balls on them? Shouldn't they sue Sony then too? And if the patent's about MOTION, shouldn't just about EVERY video game company that makes game systems be sued? From the kinect, to the 3DS' and PSVita's motion sensors/gyroscopes...
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby bloxxerman » Sun May 18, 2014 6:47 am

Yeah, it's utter trash, this lawsuit. And with regards to pockets, what about a satchel or something like that? Or, if you really want a regular one, buy preowned! Mine was only £60 preowned! :-D But, the XL does also have more memory. That was the primary reason my boyfriend upgraded, so he was pretty annoyed when I told him he could just buy a bigger SD card XD
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Sun May 18, 2014 1:05 pm

^I actually have a nintendo satchel for my 3DS and such, but I keep my wallet and old DS in there as well, so I already don't have much room for an XL. But I did see a bigger bag at GameStop, but it was around $30. And as for getting a used 3DS, eh, I would rather get a fresh new one (sometimes I'm picky like that :lol: ). Also, I'm a bit curious on how NFC figures will work with games. Will all the figures be compatible with every nintendo game (Samus vs. Final Boss Bowser anyone? :lol: ), or will only certain characters support their game? I actually kinda want them to crossover to other games, but probably won't happen. But hey, maybe they'll still be add on characters to certain series (example, play as Rosilina in New Super Mario Bros 2). Also, maybe they'll be a game where all the figures are compatible and nintendo worlds clash together, but not like Smash Bros, like, maybe all the villains team up trying to take over? Something like that.
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:46 am

After today, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection will be turned off for the Wii and DS.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles