Re: Nintendo

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:58 am

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:50 am

In announcing its results Nintendo confirmed that two more first-party games have joined the million seller club (Splatoon did so in Q1); these are as follows, with the numbers correct as of 30th September 2015.
◾Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 2.02 million sales (1.17 million in Japan, 850,000 in other territories)
◾Super Mario Maker - 1.88 million sales (approx 390,000 in Japan, 1.5 million in other territories)

As of September 30, 2015 - Top-selling games on 3DS and Wii U worldwide.

3DS
1.Pokémon X & Y - 14.15 million

2.Mario Kart 7 - 12.19 million

3.Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - 10.69 million

4.Super Mario 3D Land - 10.21 million

5.New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 9.47 million

6.Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 9.44 million

7.Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 7.37 million

8.Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 4.61 million

9.Tomodachi Life - 4.48 million

10.The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 3.82 million

Wii U
1.Mario Kart 8 - 5.87 million

2.Nintendo Land - 5.00 million

3.New Super Mario Bros. U - 4.88 million

4.Super Mario 3D World - 4.47 million

5.Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 4.03 million

6.Splatoon - 2.42 million

7.New Super Luigi U - 2.27 million

8.Super Mario Maker - 1.88 million

9.The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 1.62 million

10.Wii Party U - 1.58 million

Source: Nintendo Life

At least one Nintendo Direct is coming this year

It’s been several months since the last, true Nintendo Direct. But even though there hasn’t been a new presentation in quite some time, we did recently hear that the broadcasts will continue – despite the passing of Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.

Nintendo’s Tatsumi Kimishima also provided a brief update about the future of Nintendo Directs during a financial results briefing earlier today. According to the new company president, at least one presentation will be coming this year. That means we should be seeing something within the next couple of months.

Source: Nintendo Everything

Nintendo Direct taking on a new format in 2016

Earlier today, we heard from Nintendo CEO Tatsumi Kimishima that at least one new Nintendo Direct will air before the end of this year. Another tidbit about the company’s plans for the presentations has since been made known.

During Nintendo’s financial results briefing, Kimishima mentioned that Nintendo Direct is currently being remodeled. In 2016, we’ll be seeing the new format. Specific details about what’s in store for Nintendo Direct in the future were not made announced.

Nintendo President Says There’s More Unannounced Titles For This Year

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima has announced to the investors that the company plans to release previously unannounced software for the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS this year. We have all heard the rumours regarding The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii U, so we might hear about that.

CEO Tatsumi Kimishima says there are more titles–unannounced–coming this year to promote both Wii U and 3DS during the year-end holiday season.

Source: My Nintendo News

Nintendo Smartphone Games Have Been Delayed Till Next Year

Nintendo has confirmed that the mobile titles that are currently in development between the Kyoto based company and DeNA have been delayed until next year. We were originally expecting the first one to come out by the end of the year. The good news however is that Nintendo is planning a global launch.

Launch date of Nintendo’s smartphone games has been delayed. Launch will be March 2016, not year-end. Nintendo eyes global launch, depending on the game.

Nintendo’s First Smartphone Title Is Called “Miitomo”

With the news out-of-the-way that the first smartphone title from DeNA and Nintendo has been delayed until next year, we now know what the game is. It’s titled Miitomo and is free to play with microtransactions. The company’s other smartphone games will be pay-to-download. You can read more about the game, below.

The new smartphone game will be “Miitomo”. It will be free to play, with attractive add-ons that people can pay for, Mr. Kimishima says. Other smartphone games will be pay-to-download, he says.

Looks like Miis go ahead and communicate with other Miis without your knowledge. This will help people who are hesitant to talk about themselves to communicate with others, and reveal a side of your friends you never knew, Mr. Kimishima says.

In the new “Miitomo” game, users will design their own avatars, or “Miis,” to communicate with other users. Executive Shinya Takahashi says that Nintendo will find ways to encourage people who are hesitant to talk to share things about themselves.

Miitomo is the first of five smartphone apps that Nintendo plans to release by March 2017.

Nintendo Explains Why Smartphone Title Miitomo Was Delayed

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima says that the reason behind the delay of their first smartphone title Miitomo is simply because they need to promote the idea behind the unique title. He says they are currently busy promoting their console and handheld titles for the holiday season at the moment. Mr Miyamoto also revealed that DeNA will focus on operation of the games while Nintendo will focus on game design.

On the reason for the delay of the smartphone app, Mr. Kimishima says, is the need for more lead time to fully promote and explain Miitomo. The company is busy promoting other titles in the pipeline right now, he says. It will start promoting Miitomo after the year-end holiday season. Says this will have little impact on earnings.

Curious about how the DeNA and Nintendo partnership is going. Senior Managing Director Shigeru Miyamoto says DeNA will focus on operation of the games. Which suggests game design is all Nintendo.

Nintendo NX: Nintendo Says They Will Be Far More Aggressive In Using Their IP

Legendary developer Shigeru Miyamoto has told investors that when it comes to Nintendo’s next video game platform the NX, they will be much more aggressive with their long-standing IP’s. He says that he wants to reach more children and the company will be able to do this by leveraging smart devices.

Mr. Miyamoto chimes in on NX. “We are going to be far more aggressive in using our IP, and not just stop with licensing, as in the past. The first example is Amiibo. We want our IP to better reach more children, and smart devices is just one vehicle.”

My Nintendo Is The New Name For Club Nintendo Replacement

John Ricciardi (@johntv) - Miitomo releases in March alongside My Nintendo, which is the new member service to replace Club Nintendo.

Nintendo has today confirmed that the long-awaited replacement for Club Nintendo will strangely be titled My Nintendo. It was previously thought it was named a “Nintendo Account” (that’s what the Wall Street Journal live blogged) but it seems that is the replacement for Nintendo Network ID and My Nintendo is the replacement for Club Nintendo. Guess we shall hear more details regarding the service, and when it opens shop, in the near future.

More Details On My Nintendo The Club Nintendo Replacement

Kyle McLain (@FarmboyinJapan) - Club Nintendo lives on through Nintendo Account. This time around you'll receive points by using and PLAYING games!

Kyle McLain (@FarmboyinJapan) - You'll be able to use your MyNintendo Account in conjunction with the theme park, as well as theaters and stores.

We found out earlier today during the Nintendo investors meeting that Club Nintendo is being rebranded and will be called My Nintendo. The service will allow you to collect points while playing video games whether they be on your mobile or your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The service links up with your Nintendo Account. You can then use the points that you have accumulated on various things including software titles online, DLC, and presumably merchandise. You will also be able to use your My Nintendo Account at the Nintendo theme park, as well as theaters and stores. Here’s what we know so far in tweet form.

Cheesemeister (@Cheesemeister3k) - Ease of creation/use of Nintendo Accounts being emphasized. Register with NNID, Facebook, Twitter, Google, e-mail.

Tweet 2 - You'll be able to purchase software downloads on the site, see purchases, play info, and game-related messages.

Tweet 3 - New point program for purchasing/playing console/mobile games can be used on DLC, original goods, and game coupons.

Nintendo Has Shipped More Than 21 Million amiibo Worldwide

More than 21 million units of amiibo have shipped globally since their launch, which was under a year ago. The milestone was revealed during Nintendo’s Corporate Management Policy Briefing, during which the company also announced that newly-released amiibo – such as Yarn Yoshi and Animal Crossing amiibo cards – are selling well. Nintendo plans to continue introducing new additions to its amiibo lineup in the future. Meanwhile, the first series of Animal Crossing amiibo figures will arrive in Europe, Japan and the U.S. by the end of November.

amiibo – cumulative sales rankings, most shipments in the Americas

As part of its latest financial results briefing materials, Nintendo posted a slide showing the cumulative sales rankings of amiibo. We’re able to see what’s popular in the United States, Europe, and Japan. Check out the full rankings above.

Nintendo also revealed that most shipments came from the Americas:

This is a graph that shows the latest ratio of shipments by region for figure-type amiibo. The blue colored area represents the Americas. In the US, the so-called “Toys to Life” category, in which games work together with figures, are well recognized and people are familiar with this way of having fun. This is why during the previous fiscal year the percentage of shipments for the Americas was 66 percent, which represented a significant portion of total amiibo shipments. The Americas market still holds more than half of the total sales but you can tell from the graph that regions other than the US, where “Toys to Life” products had a late release, are gradually expanding. For your information, the majority of sales for “Other Regions” are from Australia. In addition to Australia, we started to ship to Asia from this financial period.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:36 am

Club Nintendo Replacement My Nintendo Is Set To Launch March 2016

If you were following the blog last night you would have seen that Nintendo outlined its plans for their long-awaited Club Nintendo replacement to investors. The new service is simply titled My Nintendo and is set to give you points for not only purchasing software but also playing video games on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo’s upcoming mobile titles. Nintendo has revealed that the points you acquire will allow you to purchase downloadable content, merchandise, or alternatively a coupon, which can be used as a discount for new software.

“We will start a new point program as well, which not only involves Nintendo’s dedicated game systems but also smart devices. With the Club Nintendo membership service that was ended on September 30, 2015, you earned points when you purchased software. With this new point program, you can earn points by playing games as well. Whether you have played the software for dedicated game systems or our applications for smart devices, you can earn points that can then be used on our dedicated game systems or on smart devices. Naturally, you can also earn points by purchasing software.With the new points, you can obtain digital add-on content, which will make the game you are playing even more fun, original merchandise or a coupon, which can be used as a discount for new software. This is also a plan for the future, but we are going to provide our membership service benefits in other real-life facilities such as theme parks, movie theaters and retail outlets. The name of our new membership service is “My Nintendo.” My Nintendo will work as a bridge between dedicated game systems and smart devices. Both My Nintendo and Miitomo will be available in March 2016.”

Heads up! The Nintendo eShop will be offline for 24 hours of extended maintenance starting at 7 p.m. PT on Nov. 1. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we’ll update you once it’s back online. - Nintendo

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:24 am

Satoru Iwata honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at Golden Joystick Awards, Splatoon picks up a couple of wins

The 33rd Golden Joystick Awards were held at the indigO2 at London’s O2 Arena. During the event, the late Satoru Iwata was honored with a Lifetime Achievement award.

Here’s the news on that front:

Satoru Iwata, the Nintendo CEO who sadly died in July this year at the age of 55, was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award. A revered man of the gaming industry, Satoru was the driving force behind many of Nintendo’s products including the Wii and DS, and is credited for bringing gaming to the masses by making it family entertainment. Starting out as a programmer in the 1980’s for a subsidiary of Nintendo, he became president in 2002, the first outside of the company’s founding family. He was renowned for first and foremost being a gamer and was described as “… having the brain of a game developer and the heart of a gamer”. His contribution and impact on modern gaming is second to none.

Splatoon also saw a couple of wins at the Golden Joystick Awards. The Wii U title was chosen as “Best Family Game” and “Best Nintendo Game”.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:42 am

Nintendo’s Holiday Gift Guide is live! Which systems, games and amiibo are you looking forward to giving and receiving this holiday season? Have fun creating your personal wish list!
http://Ninten.do/6187BP8wB

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Take a break from holiday shopping and come hang out with Nintendo! http://Ninten.do/6183Buy8S

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:06 pm

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:02 am